FTB News - May 29th, 2015

BMan2505

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I'm relatively new to this Feed the Beast modpacks (I play FTB Infinity) and I'm extremely excited for the new modpacks coming out. I highly enjoy all the mods in Infinity and I can't wait to play more!

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Is the FTB team finally going to look at Mekanism in a pack for Daybreaker? Maybe? [HOPING INTENSIFIES] No, in all seriousness, I am excited to see whats in Daybreaker ^^

Reactions: Type1Ninja

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
Is the FTB team finally going to look at Mekanism in a pack for Daybreaker? Maybe? [HOPING INTENSIFIES] No, in all seriousness, I am excited to see whats in Daybreaker ^^

I'd like to see mekanism used - On the Town Hall they said Mekanism wasn't used as it didn't balance well alongside other mods. But if Daybreaker is based around galacticraft (as it seems like it), galacticraft and mekanism were both based around universal electricity before it died, and hence were kinda designed to work together. I don't see why it isn't possible to rebalance it to work with other mods, recipes are all tweakable with minetweaker and the stats for pretty much any mekanism machine are customizable.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see why it isn't possible to rebalance it to work with other mods, recipes are all tweakable with minetweaker and the stats for pretty much any mekanism machine are customizable.
This just in: IT IS POSSIBLE! And the tools they have available for that kind of balancing are incredibly powerful and easier to use than ever before. They really have no way to say "We're not using Mekanism for balance reasons" and get away with it. It may have been a valid argument in the (recent) past, but we can all hope they change their minds now. ^^
Personally, I've never played with Mekanism; the only time I even glanced at it was trying out Technic's Voltz pack, which I quickly abandoned because I neither understood nor liked Universal Electricity. :p

Reactions: LoOnyBin25

LoOnyBin25

Jul 29, 2019
This just in: IT IS POSSIBLE! And the tools they have available for that kind of balancing are incredibly powerful and easier to use than ever before. They really have no way to say "We're not using Mekanism for balance reasons" and get away with it. It may have been a valid argument in the (recent) past, but we can all hope they change their minds now. ^^
Personally, I've never played with Mekanism; the only time I even glanced at it was trying out Technic's Voltz pack, which I quickly abandoned because I neither understood nor liked Universal Electricity. :p

Mekanism is not one of my best mods would not play it unless i had to i would rather play gregtech

LoOnyBin25

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha i now i now okay okay let me ask this wat do u use for late game storage having 100 chest is not mine type if think that's why i like AE2

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Hahaha i now i now okay okay let me ask this wat do u use for late game storage having 100 chest is not mine type if think that's why i like AE2
You could use Storage Drawers or Enhanced Inventories combined with Refined Relocation, and that's just one method. Part of the reason Horizons is great is because it challenges you to think outside of the box - you'll have to use mods you're not used to in order to accomplish what you want.

LoOnyBin25

Jul 29, 2019
is there a place i can paste logs for you guys to look my lancher is acting up weird lets me download packs but cant play them