FTB Monster, takes like 20 mins to load and crashes without even completely loading up.

Knight_Mancis

Jul 29, 2019
So as frustrated as I am, I've spent countless hours on just staring at my screen. I open up FTB launcher, I download Monster and just sit and wait, Ik that it takes a while, but this bs takes like 20 mins to load and it just keeps giving errors in console, and just crashes in the end. And all of that waiting has to be done all over again. The same happens if I force update the modpack, reinstall FTB. My PC and Java should not interfere with this because FTB Unleashed and Ultimate, the mod packs that I do play are working fine.

Crash log: Https://Www.Dropbox.Com/S/42yc4bdphho41h1/MinecraftLog.Txt because the file is to large for pastebin

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Will you please check to see if you really do have 32-bit Windows 7? If so, you can't run Monster. Monster and the rest of the 1.6.4 FTB mod packs (other than FTB Lite 2) require 64-bit Java to run, which requires a 64-bit OS. If you have the original Win 7 install DVD, you may be able to upgrade your OS to 64-bit.

If you just have 32-bit Java but 64-bit Windows 7, install Java 1.7.0_51 x64 from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

And up your RAM on the launcher to 2 GB and try again.

Knight_Mancis

Jul 29, 2019
I am running 32-bit Windows 7 and I only have 1GB RAM. Now I know the exact reply you will give me, but I've been running FTB Unleashed and Ultimate with little lag, I minimize my settings and turn off almost everything on my PC besides the most core things it needs to even run this toaster. Ofc there's times where I just lag out, and the load up time of modpacks is long as it is, but I can bear with that. And In no way a 15 year old can afford to upgrade his own PC from lunch money.

I just don't get the fact as to why a mod pack requires so much, when it's literally just a couple of mods more than the last modpack.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
With 1.6.4, the footprint required for Forge, the API that all the mods in the FTB packs use, as well as a vast majority of the mods have gotten bigger. I'm not sure why, but that's just the reality of it. It's also why the FTB crew made the FTB Lite 2 pack, for people stuck on lower end systems.

I wish I had a better answer for you. Perhaps you'll be able to ask your parents for a computer or laptop for your High School graduation?

Reactions: UniZero

Knight_Mancis

Jul 29, 2019
With 1.6.4, the footprint required for Forge, the API that all the mods in the FTB packs use, as well as a vast majority of the mods have gotten bigger. I'm not sure why, but that's just the reality of it. It's also why the FTB crew made the FTB Lite 2 pack, for people stuck on lower end systems.

I wish I had a better answer for you. Perhaps you'll be able to ask your parents for a computer or laptop for your High School graduation?
That's probably gonna be the case, it's just that some of my friends have a couple of private servers that we play on different mod packs, like FTB Ultimate/Unleashed and it's just frustrating at how fast the world develops especially in the Gaming Industry. I remember back when I was a tiny gnome (like 8 years old), my toaster was capable of running like everything lol.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If your parents buy you a new system then do not buy a big brand one, buy the components and get somebody to build it for you.

Knight_Mancis

Jul 29, 2019
If your parents buy you a new system then do not buy a big brand one, buy the components and get somebody to build it for you.
That's the only way I could imagine it, I have a bunch of websites that I can find their shops around my country and I will eventually save up for parts one by one. Not necessarily for FTB, but for stuff overall. I bet like in the next 5 years, this PC won't be able to do anything besides basic browsing lol. Thanks for the help anyway.