FTB Monster Crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

FrostApocalyptic

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Monster Crash
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Monster
Modpack Version:
latest
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
MInecraft through FTB crashes every time it's launched at varying periods from the Mojang screen to 20 mins of gameplay. Gameplay sessions last no longer than 15-20 mins before the game crashes.
I've tried everything from re installing Monster to Java but nothing seems to work.
I'm using MInecraft 1.6.4 to run FTB Monster.
I've successfully run this exact setup for around a year, left for 3 months and came back to find this issue having just appeared.

Forge Mod Loader seems to be the thing that's displaying the most errors.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
In your modpacks's instance is a folder called crash-reports can you provide us with a corresponding crash?
Upload the crash-report to pastebin and give us the link.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Frost\Monster\minecraft\config\WirelessRedstone.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

Some other program has D:\Frost\Monster\minecraft\config\WirelessRedstone.cfg opened, virus scanner springs to mind as a program that might do it.

FrostApocalyptic

Jul 29, 2019
My anti V is Comodo but I haven't had any notifications to suggest anything's been quarantined/running behind the scenes.

FrostApocalyptic

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can stop it from approaching that file/Monster in general? You'll have to forgive me, I'm not much good with the tech side of things outside of vanilla minecraft stuff.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Never used your virus scan but most of the times you can specify which files to not scan, you would have to use google to find out as I have no experience with your virus scan.

FrostApocalyptic

Jul 29, 2019
awesome thankyou. Incidentally it turns out McAfee was running behind Comodo and since removing it the issue has ceased. McAfee was obviously the offending program.