Multaan

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: 64bit
Java version/update, bit type: 7
Launcher version: 1.3.4
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): y
Console log, pastebin.com link: n/a
Description of the problem:

I have a world in the old 1.5.2 version of New World Modpack, to prevent this world from breaking I have deliberately selected that modpack version in the launcher as opposed to "recommended". Up till now, no problems. Today however, it decided to load version 1.6.4 of minecraft. No errors, no conflicts, no crash. But also: No mods and no world.

I have double checked and all my files are still present and intact, I have followed the troubleshooting guide and done a full re-install, I even manually updated LWJGL just in case. But it still loads just plain vanilla 1.6.4

Attempting to run the JAR file directly gives me the error: "Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Users\Atkinson\Games\Minecraft-FTB\NewWorldModPack\minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar"

Any ideas? Cos I'd love to return to playing.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what happened unless you selected yes to update or something like that. Backup your save and move the New World pack folder out of the Minecraft-FTB folder. Then in the selection screen check to ensure that you see 7.6 selected not recommended or any of the other 1.6.4 versions (0.0.1 - 0.0.5) Now redownload the v7.6 of the pack. Once complete, may take a while mine did as I tried to help another user, put a copy of the save into the new pack folder and try to run it.

Multaan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Lavarthan, unfortunately it didn't work. I deleted the mod folder (I have a complete backup if needed) and tried again. It's downloading the mod files perfectly but is still only running vanilla 1.6.4 (doesn't even have Forge). Which is really confusing me right now, as it worked fine yesterday and there's been no laucher update that I've seen.

**EDIT** I have determined that re-downloading the modpack is not replacing the files in the "bin" folder. The only file present there is "version" which contains the text "1.5.2"

I believe this is linked to how the launcher is now storing the version jar in the versions folder of FTB. Inside this folder is only a copy of 1.6.4.

Last edited:

Multaan

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have determined that when pushing the play button (after downloading the whole mod again for no reason) the launcher is then running the 1.6.4.jar in the versions folder. In an attempt to keep with this theme copied the 1.5.2 version from my vanilla Launcher into it's own folder (as illustrated below *edited to correct formatting*)
FTB
|==Versions
|=1.6.4
|=1.6.4.jar​
|=1.5.2
|=1.5.2.jar​

This made no difference and the 1.6.4 was still executed.

Additionally I have attempted to recreate my preferred version of the mod in a seperate minecraft install as a work-around, but that generated a memory leak and crashed when attempting to load any world. Though it would boot to menu and list the mods correctly.

I am now attempting to install and the recommended version of the modpack in order to determine if all flavours are similarly afflicted (which would suggest my launcher is corrupted), or if this only occurs with v1.5.2.

**UPDATE**

After testing I have determined that the recommended version (0.0.5) is working perfectly. However, every other version appears to be broken and only returns a vanilla 1.6.4. This is beyond my ability to repair, I'm going to have to abandon my world for now. T_T

Last edited:

Morddrid

Jul 29, 2019
You were right about the error. New World Modpack is now loading 1.6.4 no matter what. I found a work around though.

BLUF: Alter a working 1.5.2 modpack with New World Mods.

Load a clean copy of any modpack that still uses 1.5.2 in its latest version (I used Unleashed). Once you verify it all works as intended, go into the FTB folder and go to the modpack you chose (/FTB/Unleashed). Delete config, coremods, mods, resources, and saves (anything that is specific to that modpack). Then use a backup of your New World data (/FTB/NewWorldModPack) and copy the config, mod, coremod, hats, stats, saves, and resources folder into the 1.5.2 folder (unleashed). The client will then load the 1.5.2 jar and load any mods in the mod folder, pulling their config files and resources as needed.

I'm sorry if this didn't make sense, kind of tired from working this all day. Thank you for leading me to the 1.6.4 jar, I'll check back here tomorrow and reword if needed.

Multaan

Jul 29, 2019
BLUF: Alter a working 1.5.2 modpack with New World Mods.
I hadn't actually considered that yet, much easier than trying to convert a vanilla 1.5.2 to the modpack (without the help of the FTB launcher wrappers). Shows what lack of sleep and overwork will do to a person. I'll have to give it a shot. That would certainly recover the situation for me (at the cost of a different, but unused, modpack).

I believe that the issue here is that New World Modpack is the first modpack to go from one version of minecraft to another without creating a new pack (E.g. Ultimate --> Unleashed/Unhinged). The launcher's wrappers probably aren't designed to switch between different JAR versions, especially when they use completely different launch methods. The added difficulty being that as the directory is named for NewWorldModpack you would end up with 2x different version of libraries, mods, configs and runtimes all sharing the same location. That would be a complete mess for anyone to sort out.

Oh well, at least thanks to Morddrid's logical thinking my villages, rep and quests are salvaged. Cheers Mate!