Problem FTB Launcher not installing from Installer or from the Overwolf App

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Nyranian

May 17, 2022
After not being able to launch the FTB App on 2 different computers after not touching the FTB App for a day (with it working just fine yesterday) (something i might also need some help with) I decided to reinstall the FTB App.

After uninstalling Overwolf and the FTB App I downloaded the installer from the website and executed it. It ran through normally but after the installer closed it only installed the Overwolf App. Afterwards i tried installing the FTB App through the Overwolf App but trying that lead me to a "Not Connected" Error message:
1652817906024.png

I've already tried a few things:
  • removing my antivirus
  • launching overwolf in admin mode first and then installing
  • installing curseforge before trying to install the FTB App
  • having everything closed before starting an installation
  • installing from an old installer I had lying around
so at this point I'm somewhat confused on what to do next and wanted to ask here.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Nyranian

May 17, 2022
Also I'm relatively sure that my issue is the same as in these 2 threads but I thought neither of them were formulated very helpfully so I created mine.