Problem FTB launcher not downloading modpacks on Mac OS

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

pickle77

Jul 16, 2020
System: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73)
Java version: Java 8 Update 261

Issue:
I downloaded the newest FTBapp from the feed-the-beast website. But whenever I try to install a mod pack, it is always stuck on the "Installing Vanilla Launcher" or "Creating Environment" step. By the way, I have vanilla Minecraft launcher installed on my laptop and it runs perfectly fine.

Strangely enough, restarting the FTBapp shows that the mod pack I tried to download has been successfully added to My Modpacks, even though I cannot open it. If I go to the instance folder there is only an image of the mod pack cover and a text document.

I have tried this with several modpacks and I have reinstalled the FTBapp several times. It does not solve the problem.
Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 22.38.58.png

random850

Jul 18, 2020
Exact same thing is happening with me on Windows 10, looking at other threads it seems like it might be an issue with the latest update to the launcher

Chiimerae

Jul 20, 2020
Same for me. got it working on windows but osx gets stuck in "Creating Environment". This message updates to a stuck "Installing Vanilla Launcher" after 1 navigation click.

Closing the installer and reopening. Most of the time I can restart the download. Sometimes it 'thinks' the modpack is installed, but won't launch it. Deleting and reinstalling results in the same lock.

ffossip

Nov 22, 2020
same here and it's been months since this was posted, guess there's no solution yet?

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 for me

Tasukete_7

Nov 16, 2020
I haven't really solved the problem, but I downloaded an older version of the FTB Launcher and I can download modpacks normally there.