FTB Launcher fails to launch all packs

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

EyeOfTack

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Launcher fails to launch all packs
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
all (Infinity)
Modpack Version:
latest
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I can't launch FTB Infinity (or any other pack) through the FTB Launcher, the downloaded Infinity pack works just fine when launched with MultiMC.

the issue seems to be around:
[main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}
*blah-blah* snip
[main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper]: Unable to launch

but I have no idea what wrapped minecraft is, or why it's unable to launch.

What I've tried so far: (running Ubuntu 14.04)
Reinstall FTB Launcher
Reinstall Minecraft
Reinstall Java - (openjdk 7, oracle 7, and oracle 8)
Reinstall graphics drivers
Reinstall entire operating system followed by all of the above. (I got a little upset with my day when that didn't fix it)

Any ideas what is going on? It would be nice to know what's wrong.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
By any chance if you are running windows 7 again did you update to the latest updates? Also what is your PC specs

EyeOfTack

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running on Ubuntu Linux, and it has work on the machine before (and still does, just no longer through the FTB Launcher).
It's a laptop:
Intel Core i7 4702MQ
12 GB RAM
HDD
Geforce gt750m 4GB (using nvidia's drivers)
Extra monitor connected by vga

EyeOfTack

Jul 29, 2019
sorry for reviving this, but I found the problem and wanted to share.

I deleted and reinstalled my vanilla installation and everything worked fine after that. (I guess I didn't before or didn't delete it properly or used an old installer)

Because I could load ftb pakcs using MultiMC I was convinced the problem was with the FTB Launcher - clearly I was wrong.

Have a nice day.