Windows .jar FTB Launcher Can't Detect RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birhibile

Jul 29, 2019
I know it sounds like launcher can't detect any ram but I wanted title to be a little shorter. Anyways, about my issue:

After 1.3.3 (or 1.3.4) update, laucher let java to allocate 1.5 GB ram if system has more ram than 2.5 GB. And as I have 4 GB ram(3.25 available) I thought I can allocate more ram for minecraft. But when I allocate 1.5 GB ram using the bar in launcher game crashed. Actually not opened. So I read the log to find out why game didn't open. And I found that System memory: 2047M free, 2047M total .

Here's the log:
Code:
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.4) Java version: 1.7.0_51 Java vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 24.51-b03 by Oracle Corporation OS: x86 Windows 7 6.1 Launcher Install Dir: C:\Users\Samed\Saved Games\FTB1.2.7 AnalyticsBackgroundThread started System memory: 2047M free, 2047M total [i18n] Checking for updates ... [i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] localVer = 10
[i18n] Files are up to date
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\system32\java.exe
Preferred: Java Version: 1.7.0_51 sorted as: 1.7.0_51 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 svSE to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Connection refused: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Unhandled exception in Thread[Thread-1,5,main]: java.lang.NullPointerException
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding pack 1 (Direwolf20)
Adding pack 2 (Horizons)
Adding pack 3 (FTBLite2)
Adding pack 4 (MagicFarm2)
Adding pack 5 (Magic World 2)
Adding pack 6 (Monster)
Adding pack 7 (Tech World 2)
Adding pack 8 (FTB Unleashed)
Adding pack 9 (Direwolf20 1.5 v2)
Adding pack 10 (FTB Unhinged)
Adding pack 11 (FTB Ultimate)
Adding pack 12 (Direwolf20 Pack)
Adding pack 13 (MindCrack Pack)
Adding pack 14 (Voxel)
Adding pack 15 (YogCraft Modpack)
Adding pack 16 (RPG Immersion Pack)
Adding pack 17 (New World Mod Pack)
Adding pack 18 (FTB Lite)
Adding pack 19 (BronyModPack)
Adding pack 20 (Ampz Modpack)
Adding pack 21 (VoxelModPack)
Adding pack 22 (Magic Farm)
Adding pack 23 (Magic World)
Adding pack 24 (Tech World)
Adding pack 25 (Infamy)
Adding pack 26 (Lapito's Galacticraft Modpack)
Adding pack 27 (Pax Challenge Pack)
Adding pack 28 (Feed The Beast Retro SSP)
Adding pack 29 (Feed The Beast Retro SMP)
Adding pack 30 (Slow's Stream Pack)
Adding pack 31 (Feed The Beast Beta Pack A)
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Adding texture pack 1 (Soartex Fanver)
Adding texture pack 2 (JohnSmith Technicians Remix)
Adding texture pack 3 (Familiar yet Different)
Adding texture pack 4 (Love And Tolerance)
Adding texture pack 5 (Jadedcat Mixpack)
Adding map 1 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Adding map 2 (FTB Pax Challenge)
Adding map 3 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.0)
Logging in...
Adding map 4 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.10)
Adding map 5 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.20)
Adding map 6 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.30)
Adding map 7 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.40)
Adding map 8 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.50)
Adding map 9 (Direwolf20 Map Ep.80)
Adding map 10 (FTB Normal)
Adding map 11 (FTB Insanity)
Login complete.
Current: 1.5.2
Required: 1.5.2
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 1536
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap

If you can help me find out why java cannot detect all the ram I have, it'll be great.

(I also tried to allocate 1.25 GB ram. And game opened but there was just black screen. So suggesting allocating 1.25 GB ram is pointless. I think.)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a negative unfortunately. Until you get a better comp, you'll have to stick to FTB Lite.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Another alternative you can try is to download one of the FTB packs that you want to try, and also download MultiMC 5. Then copy the mods and configs folder from the FTB pack to a new instance in MMC5 (be sure to add the latest Forge to the instance first!). Then you can try tweaking the memory configs in that MMC5 instance.

I'd also suggest trying the JVM arguments that Eyamaz has so graciously pieced together for us to see if that also helps your stability.

Birhibile

Jul 29, 2019
Okey and thanks but these are wrong answers to my question. Even though I have 4 GB ram, Java can only detect 2 GB of it. That's the problem. Java can only detect 2 GB ram and because of this I can't allocate more than 1 GB. If you guys can help me figuring this out, I think I'll be okey. But thanks again for your answers.

And also I tried using some arguments to allocate more ram but for some reason it didn't help.
I can try MultiMC but using FTB Launcher is more like using sauce. It adds some flavor to game. If you know what I mean.

Edit: Can someone please explain me why am I using 32-bit OS even though I have 64-bit CPU? And why a computer comes with 32-bit OS even though it has 64-bit CPU. And what worse is why didn't I think about just for once before? I mean my father is computer engineer. I am not noob to these things but... Ahh, nevermind. I'm a noob.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I hope that you will be able to get a 64bit OS easily to fix this. I've read, not tried mind you, that your win7 key will work for both the 32 and 64bit version. Hope that helps and that you do not have to buy a new copy of windows upgrade.

@Ashzification the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.