FTB Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so... I have a GTX 660 and an i5 2500k, yet i still have lag in minecraft. No lag in other games though. Vanilla MC runs at over 500 fps on super flats and like 200+ regularly. Feed the beast runs at 50 fps with messed up laggy spikey things.
I really want this fixed, i tried adding javaw.exe to the nvidia control panel but it didnt help, new worlds don't help, optifine also doesn't help. You can see the lagometer in the video. It's playable, except not very smooth like vanilla.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is normal, java wasn't optimized for games so you'll be able to get good framerates in empty worlds but when there's lots of entities you're framerate will drop a lot especially when you're at a base with a lot of stuff.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but how does my fps go from 200 regular to 50 with tiny spikes that make it unsmooth :/... How do youtubers film? Shouldn't they also have those tiny spikes on the lagometer? Because i'm sure my computer can run it, but there has to be a problem...

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
In the video I wasn't able to notice the tiny lag spikes but that may just be me, one thing that would help is changing chunk loading to multi-core under videos settings, this should at least remove large lag spikes.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
If you aren't able to notice it then it doesn't matter, and did you try setting chunk loading to multi-core like I suggested.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
It should've at least helped some, if it is helping the red lines in the lagometer should've been reduced greatly and the green and white reduced at least a little. Again, as far as I can tell the framerates you're getting are just fine for your hardware, you were able to get a pretty stable 30fps while recording, you said that most youtubers are able to play without a messy framerate, this is because they have better hardware and if they're using vanilla there's a lot less for the game to process. One thing that may help is spreading each part of your base over a wider area so that the game doesn't have to render it all especially something like a quarry which doesn't need to be near your base. It will still need to be loaded but the game wont have to render it.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
Yea it did help, i only saw green lines in lagometer, but no fps increase. I guess you're right. Youtubers only have around 30-50 fps when I see them in f3 on FTB

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
The only other option I have for laggy computers
  • Make sure EVERYTHING else is closed. (Not minimized, but actually closed)
  • Open the task manager and give Minecraft a higher priority.
  • Get a video card with more ram in it.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
I will try the higher priority. Although I still do not understand why I get this wierd lag... The lagometer should still be low, this is like super high.[DOUBLEPOST=1376166421][/DOUBLEPOST]I can pastebin the startup for my private server. It does have some error when starting up but it doesnt seem to affect me. I dont know... I wish FTB could be smooth like vanilla.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
I foundout it was because of my server... It caused those lag spikes. I turned it off while in on a map and it instantly went smooth.

David Figenscher

Jul 29, 2019
Yea it did help, i only saw green lines in lagometer, but no fps increase. I guess you're right. Youtubers only have around 30-50 fps when I see them in f3 on FTB

I would not use this as a reference. Most youtubers cap out at 60 fps when recording and those are the ones with higher end rigs. When not recording their fps goes through the roof. I normally sit at 250 fps when not recording but the second I turn on fraps or Dxtory it caps at 60 even with a higher limit set.

paultheoct0pus

Jul 29, 2019
how do you cap it? my fraps is set at 30 fps but no change.
and capping it at 60 does not mean it will goes to 30 or so. watch etho/generikb/zisteau. they do not go that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.