Solved FTB Infinity server causing timeouts after 1 hour of play but doesnt crash

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ralifur

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I am having one hell of a weird problem with my server. (well ok most problems possibly sound weird anyway. :p)

We have for a month been running FTB infinity 1.0.1 on a 4GB server from mcprohosting which was manually installed and managed by me. It worked fine and we had absolutely no issues at all apart from some slowdowns here and there.

Anyway, we decided yesterday to upgrade to the most recommended version of infinity (1.3.4) and I installed it manually onto the server. As soon we started playing everything ran smoothly. No issues at all until we had played for an hour or 2.

The issue we ran into was everyone got kicked off of the server with a timeout. The funny thing is the server was not crashing. We simply just got booted out and couldnt get back on. If we then proceed to wait 15 minutes then suddently we can get back on again and continue playing.
This happens every single time after 1 - 2 hours of play and quite a few of my residents has gotten rather sick of it.
The weird thing is every single process in my server console just comes to a hault and nothing gets generated for the logs. Server aint doing a backup at the time either nor does it seem like its doing any sort of heavy process that should indicate people getting thrown off.
People getting thrown off doesnt generate in the logs either nor in the console.

If anyone has experienced a similar problem and has a solution I would love to know what I can do.

I shall slap some logs onto my post as soon i get something but currently I have absolutely nothing tho. :-(

Enigma-V2

Jul 29, 2019
logs would be great so that we can have a look at it.

what's your cpu specs?

Has this ever happened sooner or later than 1-2 hours?

How many dimensions do you have loaded?

ralifur

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise I forgot to change the thread title to solved.

Found a mod memory leaking causing a complete lock up and kicking people off. Got it fixed after redownloading the mod. Thx for wanting to help tho. :)

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise I forgot to change the thread title to solved.

Found a mod memory leaking causing a complete lock up and kicking people off. Got it fixed after redownloading the mod. Thx for wanting to help tho. :)

Which mod was it? Seeing a similar issue and having trouble pinning down which mod is causing it...

ralifur

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft was the one in my case. im fairly sure the occurrence happened from a corrupted installation at my side.

Atleast after redownloading it I have not experienced the issue. Servers running smoothly