Problem FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock stuck on startup! (5/7)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Marcelinjo

Jun 22, 2021
Hello,

me and a friend have a server running FTB Skyblock for quite some time by now and there were never any issues.

But since some days, me and my friend both can't start the game anymore. It's stuck on 5/7 at Ex Compressum.
I already repaired the profiles, deleted whole curseforge and even tried to use other versions of Ex Compressum.
When I used a newer version of Ex Compressum (manual install), the game started again, but of course I couldn't join the server as it had still the older version.

The server is running fine since some weeks and I am afraid to restart it, because I fear that it won't start either.

I also can't find anything useful in the logs, but I'm not that good at reading logs, so I'll send it with this Post.
The only thing interesting is, that I have the newest Java version, but the logs say "1.8.0_51". So im not sure what's that about...

The weird thing is that neither did we update or change any programms on our Pcs, nor was there an Update of the Modpack, because it's rather old...

I hope you can help me, as we invested a lot of time on this server.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• latest.log.txt
    304.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs provided. Please ensure you have the latest version of Java actually installed and uninstall all other versions of Java if they are not needed. If you don't know if you need the old version for something you can tell the launcher what version to use in the settings tab of the mod pack. Also, I would try to delete the configuration files for Ex Compressum to see if it will fix itself when it rebuilds the config.

Marcelinjo

Jun 22, 2021
I only have installed Java 8 Update 291 and I haven't changed that since the problem occurred. And as I've told, my friend has the same Problem and he also hasn't changed anything with his Java.
I also reinstalled the modpack several times. Deleting the config file didn't help either.

I hope you can still help me!

thebram

Jun 23, 2021
I started having the exact same problem three days ago. Sometimes it hangs on Ex Compressum and sometimes it hangs on Mantle.
I thought it was a java update issue, so I've made sure I have the current version.
I also tried uninstalling JRE and installing JDK but there was no change so I've gone back to current JRE.
If I leave it there for 20--30 minutes, it will sometimes continue and fully load. However, at that point I can not connect to my server. Minecraft gives me a message saying the server is still starting, but the server dashboard says it's up and running. I am able to create and play a local world.
There is a line in the logfile when the loading continues that says:
"java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

I can post the entire logfile when I get home if needed.

Thanks!

Marcelinjo

Jun 22, 2021
OK, so there definitely is a bigger problem than we think:

I have a second pc with a clean Win 10 installation. I just installed curseforge, fired the modpack up and it stuck at the exact same position: 5/7 at ex Compressum.

So I think there is a bigger problem, somewhere depper which I can't solve.

But I still hope someone else can help me / us !!!

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
Alright so here is what I found. I attempted to recreate your situation and was able to. My game hangs on load at the same position as you all 5/7 at ex Compressum. Taking a look it wasn't using the most up-to-date version of Ex Compressum for 1.7.10. I updated the mod and launches with no issues now. Unfortunately, this means you'd have to manually update both your clients and server to match because they will probably not update the modpack considering how old it is. But this seems to fix the issue completely.

Code:
TL;DR

Update client and server excompressum from version 1.1.149 to 1.2.0

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ex-compressum/files

Marcelinjo

Jun 22, 2021
OK, thats the thing I feared.

I'll update it, but wouldn't there be a problem, as the versions are 2 years apart?
I mean, in this Modpack pretty much every receipe is different, and there is so much tweaked, wouldn't i cause problems to just update it?

But thanks for you reply!!

Last edited:

ByeBlive

Jun 26, 2021
Code:
TL;DR

Update client and server excompressum from version 1.1.149 to 1.2.0

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/ex-compressum/files
[/QUOTE]

And how I can update the client and server excompressum?

RadekClon

Jul 20, 2021
I use CurseForge for modded MC and I also had this exact issue. Updating ex compressum fixed it. All the changes from expert mode seem to be working fine (I am not sure there were any for this mod except disabling some compressed items that other mods already have) and everything else is also seemingly fine. For anyone wandering how to update it, just download the newest version from one of links that someone posted and replace the .jar file in the folder called "mods" with the new one.

Kirigaya Ren

Sep 5, 2021
So, I had the same problem and just gave up for a couple months. After looking if previous versions also had that problem, and they do, I looked for a solution and found a thread on github from 3 years ago with the same problem and a solution.
In excompressum.cfg look for "B:"Skip Auto Sieve Skins"=true" and change it to false. I restarted th game and it started without any issue.
Glad if this helped anyone.
edit: I also tried updating Ex Compressum but as someone mentioned it messed up the recipes

DDaniel

Sep 13, 2021
If u update Ex cumpressum u will loose te ability to craft auto sieves and auto heavy sieves also anything that comes close to it like auto comressors or a compressed Hammer

Kirigaya Ren

Sep 5, 2021
If u update Ex cumpressum u will loose te ability to craft auto sieves and auto heavy sieves also anything that comes close to it like auto comressors or a compressed Hammer
i just got the standard recipes for ex compressum. But changing that config fixed it so I didn't have to worry too much.

krochlikmiov

Jan 2, 2022
If anyone is still having this problem, I solved it by changing the excompressum.cfg files "B:"Skip Auto Sieve Skins" value. Someone in an earlier post said to change it from true to false, but for whatever reason, mine was already set to false... so I decided to change it to true instead and see what happens. Fixed it, for some reason. Now to find out if it'll ruin my game lol

Reactions: Yinsun and Laszlo31

Laszlo31

Mar 27, 2022
If anyone is still having this problem, I solved it by changing the excompressum.cfg files "B:"Skip Auto Sieve Skins" value. Someone in an earlier post said to change it from true to false, but for whatever reason, mine was already set to false... so I decided to change it to true instead and see what happens. Fixed it, for some reason. Now to find out if it'll ruin my game lol
i dont know why but that actually helped, thank you a lot!

Yinsun

Mar 29, 2022
Thank you :)

Dorkus

May 7, 2022
When I opened up the file it was set to false. It worked when I chenged it to true.
So, I had the same problem and just gave up for a couple months. After looking if previous versions also had that problem, and they do, I looked for a solution and found a thread on github from 3 years ago with the same problem and a solution.
In excompressum.cfg look for "B:"Skip Auto Sieve Skins"=true" and change it to false. I restarted th game and it started without any issue.
Glad if this helped anyone.
edit: I also tried updating Ex Compressum but as someone mentioned it messed up the recipes