Windows .jar FTB FPS problems

Pusas

Jul 29, 2019
First I want to say honest HI to every beast in this forum.
Second I want to say sorry, if I did any mistakes in my text, since English isn't my native. Gonna' love Lithuania!

So, let's get crackin'.
I think I have preatty good laptop. (Specs in pic's). Honestly dont know what to start from. I can run most of games on MID-HIGH settings. But when I play FTB, I want to start crying.
I'm in struggle to improve my fps. Example: I play League of Legends on MAX settings, and I get stable 60 fps (I keep LoL fps setting at this point.). In FTB, it doesn't matter if I put FPS on V-SYNC or MAX FPS, all settings are on low, "off" or default (as set of graphics card). FTB (javaw.exe) is set on High Performace in my Switchable Graphics ooptions. So, here are pics when I'm in game, and system specs. If you need some more information, tell me. I will say you anything I know.

Best wishes, Pusas.

FTB.jpg FTB1.jpg FTB2.jpg 2013-12-05_21.20.08.png 2013-12-05_21.20.17.png 2013-12-05_21.20.49.png

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You have 2 gfx cards in your system and minecraft is maybe using the Intel HD one instead of your Radeon one. I know that you can change it with a nvidia card but not sure how to with an amd one but I would try looking at the catalyst control centre.

Make sure if you have a 64bit os that you are using the 64bit java.

Also look here and add the jvm arguments to the launcher. options --> advanced options to get there.

Copy and paste the text into the additional java parameters box.

Last edited:

Pusas

Jul 29, 2019
You have 2 gfx cards in your system and minecraft is maybe using the Intel HD one instead of your Radeon one. I know that you can change it with a nvidia card but not sure how to with an amd one but I would try looking at the catalyst control centre.
You know, I mentioned that in Switchable Graphics options, minecraft is set to High Performance, which means, it is using my AMD gpu, instead of integrated one. So, there should be something else with this problem. And please, rate my computer specs, if you're like computer wizard.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You know, I mentioned that in Switchable Graphics options, minecraft is set to High Performance, which means, it is using my AMD gpu, instead of integrated one. So, there should be something else with this problem. And please, rate my computer specs, if you're like computer wizard.

I noticed you have optifine have you tried it without it because in 1.5 you don't need it because forge is very optimized for 1.5. Using optifine may give you worse fps than better.

Also did you or have you tried the jvm arguments i mentioned.

From the pictures you posted it is not a new world and as you add more stuff to it your fps will drop eventually and there is not much to do about that.

What is your fps like on a new world?

Pusas

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, thank you for your answer. But I will post my answer later, because now, my laptop died. Hard disk failed a bit. Replacing it with 120Gb SSD, instead of 750 SATA2 5400RPM.