FTB Direwolf20 Crashes Before Game Loads

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

sentrafuge

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Direwolf20 Crashes Before Game Loads
Launcher Version:
v1.4.7
Modpack:
Direwolf20
Modpack Version:
recommended
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Every time when Direwolf20 starts to load i get a Java error: Java(TM) SE binary has stopped working: I have no idea how or why and I've looked all over the internet to try and resolve the issue. i was just hoping someone on the forums had the same problem and has a Fix for it.It always happens on 2/7, 23/151the CoFH Core.

Thanks,
Sentrafuge

King_Dennis

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly how you feel, my little brother plays my old computer and every pack he tries it always get stuck at CoFH Core. I've tried re-installing Java, restarting comp, re-installing packs.... It's apparently something to do with the new splash screen. How it has that little hammer and anvil in the bottom right. Finding an older version of forge without the new screen should fix it. I also went into the forge configs and disabled the splash screen which I thought wasn't working cause it was a black screen for 10 minutes when launching. But all of a sudden it went to the main screen but it was frozen... At this point I'm just waiting for forge to fix there version and have my brother play vanilla. I'll let you know if I find anything else out. Best of luck man.

sentrafuge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so how do u disable the splash art because very time I try to install an older version it auto updates the version and I can't use 1.6.4 cause it doesn't work with the modpack

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
There are a couple of things you could try.

1. Update your video drivers
2. Check the config folder for a splash properties file and change the line from enabled=true to enabled=false.

If both of these do not work then the issue is your video card is not compatible with the later versions of forge. The link below gives more information on it.

https://github.com/CoFH/Feedback/issues/509

sentrafuge

Jul 29, 2019
So I would have to buy a new video card which costs money plus the ram I have now cant handle it so you are talking around 150$-200$ To play ftb. Why isn't there just an easy fix :(

sentrafuge

Jul 29, 2019
Cause I did the second thing u suggested and it worked but when I got to the main menu it was tiny in the left bottom corner, like in your link, the guy said the same thing, but it was tiny, then went to white screen and I could only hear the minecraft music through my headset.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
So I would have to buy a new video card which costs money plus the ram I have now cant handle it so you are talking around 150$-200$ To play ftb. Why isn't there just an easy fix :(

What video card do you have? Did you check for an update? How did you check?

sentrafuge

Jul 29, 2019
Right click Computer > properties > advanced system settings > hardware tab > device manager > display adapters > Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset > driver tab > update driver > then I searched for a newer version and it says I have the newest version of the software for my driver. I can't update it

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Right click Computer > properties > advanced system settings > hardware tab > device manager > display adapters > Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset > driver tab > update driver > then I searched for a newer version and it says I have the newest version of the software for my driver. I can't update it

That is not how you update your drivers ever. Go to the manfacturers website for any updates.