FTB Base Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

minecraftboy21

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing the Direwolf20 pack recently and have been having a lot of fun, my only problem is, I need a base desperately. I'm tired of storing all of my stuff in a little cave in the wall of a cliff. So I would like some base ideas that would work well with the mods and hopefully use some modded blocks to make it look pretty.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Get into Thaumcraft and build your entire structure from Warded Stone and Warded Glass. The glass is seamless for awesome windows. The stone can be colored with any of the 16 dyes. Best of all? It is impossible to break without admin powers, except by the person that placed it right-clicking with a casting wand.

Lay it out with separate rooms for each set of machines. In the center, build a big tower with your choice of power generation built vertically into it. On the tower faces, put a big emblem of your choice.

For maximum style points, use as many rounded arches as possible on the outside, and build the whole thing on top of a giant red ridge mountain.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Dragonfel

Jul 29, 2019
Make a skyrim style viking castle in a tundra or for bonus points on top of a glacier with carved ice stairs to get to it! Get creative with the microblocks. Use a carved dragon head coming out of the roof's spine. Make norse runes on the walls of your thaumcraft room and place lights behind them so they glow. Get some twilight forest maze stone for fancy details on the walls. Big hearths with chimneys, twilight forest smoke maker blocks. RP windmills in the fields, a small villiage of norse style houses for villiagers in your city.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Make norse runes on the walls of your thaumcraft room and place lights behind them so they glow.
There's an idea. If Gregtech's new Vis-using generators don't lag everything to hell, I think I'll use some damaging forcefields and lit-up microblocks to make an Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem reference around the new tower I have planned.
Bankorok Pargon Redgormor Pargon Chattur'gha
At least I think that's the order. I'll have to dig that disk out again, sometime.

Reactions: MilConDoin

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
When you pick out your spot, find a balance between style and efficiency. A lot of people build underground and have machinery and what not down there.