Problem FTB app doesn't launch, no error message.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

TenaciousLemur

Jul 15, 2020
I opened the launcher this morning and there was an update I believe. The first thing was that the instance directory had changed to default. I reassigned it, restarted it and my omnia instance came up. I tried to launch, I got a little red popup saying the game couldn't launvh right now. Vanilla through the standard launcher (separate) runs fine. I messed about with java updates, installing to different locations for an hour or so before getting the command line to spit this out:

\Minecraft\FTBA>java -jar launcher-202006271817-a3b3b73d4c-release-all.jar
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: net/creeperhost/creeperlauncher/CreeperLauncher has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

I am at a loss. Do I just have to wait for more updates to stuff? I am happy to provide more stuff on request.

Thanks for your time!

Update: This morning I clicked on FTBAPP which then brought up an "updating" dialog box. Some responsiveness is encouraging but the app itself never comes up as before.

Also, these are the associated launcher log entries:

Jul 17, 2020 8:00:46 AM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...
Jul 17, 2020 8:05:47 AM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...

Last edited: