Solved FTB Academy Mining Lag

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

AkarioSerah

Jun 10, 2020
Hi, I'm pretty new into Modding and got extreme problems running my Server.
Everytime i start mining the block reappear for a moment and even after breaking it takes some time till the block drops.
Server got 17gb Ram restartet and tried a lot of things i found online and afterwards i just used a BackUp to get the "original" server state back.
The Console always sends this error when i start Mining:

[00:15:34] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2020ms behind, skipping 40 tick(s) >
[00:15:56] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 5227ms behind, skipping 104 tick(s) >
[00:16:23] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2216ms behind, skipping 44 tick(s) >
[00:16:44] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2749ms behind, skipping 54 tick(s) >
[00:17:03] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 4537ms behind, skipping 90 tick(s) >
[00:17:33] [Server thread/WARN] [minecraft/MinecraftServer]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2994ms behind, skipping 59 tick(s) >

is it maybe one of the mods in this pack causing this problem ? Please help :(

AkarioSerah

Jun 10, 2020
Today i made found out only while mining Standard Minecraft blocks this happen, mined throug a bigger amount of Limestone from the Mod Quark and everything was fine

Apr 21, 2020
There could be other reasons as to why the server is a bit laggy. Your friends could be running some very redstone-itensive builds that does nothing but cause lag. Secondly, your fiends could be using a lot of transparent blocks/elements in their builds which can also cause lag, and that is only compounded by redstone contraptions that cause lag. It could also be that your server does not have enough RAM to cover everyone's bases and all they are doing, as well as that some mods are more memory hogs than others. Lastly, there could be too many players on the server for the allotted RAM to keep everything running smoothly. If your server has the RAM increase it to near double than what you are using now, to 32GB and see if that helps speed up the server.

Reactions: AkarioSerah

AkarioSerah

Jun 10, 2020
Figuered it out, problem was my energy system, used tons of bonsai hopper, servo, items ducts to produce charcoal for steam dynamos, changes to something tps friendlier and everythings fine now :) thanks for your informations :D

Apr 21, 2020
no problem. also keep in mind if your friends use a lot of hoppers, you can ask them to put furnaces on top of them to help take a bite out of the lag somewhat