Forestry Bee colors

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been messing around with this bee breeding for a couple days now. So far I've figured everything out by reading guides, wikis and the usual.

However there is one problem. A couple of the bees have identical or near identical coloring. Such as common and marble bees or swamp and tropical bees. These are just a few and I'm sure there are others that look identical or are just one color shade off.

Is there any other way to tell these bees apart? It gets really confusing when you got to figure out if it's the grid is showing you swamp or tropical bees. :/

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
There was a bug with the coloring a few versions ago where lets say a modest(yellow) bee would be red(meadow). If it is this then it is a bug but what your describing to me is similar colors.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
If you look very hard you can notice a slight shade difference but that might be me over analyzing it. Basically Common and Marbled look the same. While Swamp, Marshy and Tropical look the same.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of bee breeds (140ish), they can't all be distinctive. You're not really intended to look at the undiscovered mutation list and know which bee to use.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you look very hard you can notice a slight shade difference but that might be me over analyzing it. Basically Common and Marbled look the same. While Swamp, Marshy and Tropical look the same.
I have no problems telling any of these apart. Maybe check your monitor's color calibration?

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I think you mean this because the Beealyzer Tab with the Mutations? You Should Build a Bee Database. In it you can Mousover the Bees and get Tooltips with there Names ;)

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Bee database? I just went back in game to look and yea there is such a thing but I haven't got a clue how to make one. I've used google, searched the wiki and found nothing. I even search extra bees wiki and still nothing. This is probably the most frustrating mod I'd had to learn thus far. NEI does not help with figuring out recipes for things and their own wikis feel incomplete when things like this are missing.

Any one have a link to the recipe? Or can give me a general idea how to make one?

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Found it finally. Here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/apiarist-database.9522/

That should seriously be put in some wiki, somewhere. Also it's 2 buckets of water, not sure how much that equals out to in mB. Even the link the guy provided as to where he got the recipe from isn't working. lol

Edit: Now here goes another question. In the NEI window I see there is a Master apiarist database. Anyone know how to get that one? lol

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The master database needs to be cheated in, it cannot be crafted. Why? Because it already contains all the information from the start.

Also: mB stands for milliBucket, so 1 Bucket = 1000 miliBuckets.
The databases recipe couldn't be seen, because it is crafted in the carpenter. NEI for forestry 2.x is not out curently, so thats why you couldn't see the recipe ingame.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for the database will never be on the forestry wiki, because it is an item added by extra bees. The problem is, that the extra bees wiki is veeeeery slow to add any information, including this recipe.
Let's hope, that the wiki team from FTB will soon get to add info about extra bees, so that the recipe will be found there.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
So I checked the minecraft page for Extra bees and the recipe they have there for the apairist database is completely different from the one I found. :/