Request Fix all bugs in mods

Ludovic13

Jan 11, 2020
Good afternoon, please help with fixes of bugs and dupes of popular mods, yes, I know they already did this topic, but these topics have flown far so I ask your help to throw mods with fixes of popular mods:
1) AE2
2) Ic2
3) Draconic Evolution
3) Immersive engineering
4) Galactic craft
5) Railcraft
6) Taumcraft
7) Chisel
8) Witchery
All these mods for version 1.7.10
Thank you in advance for your help . The rest of the mods have already been fixed, but this time is simply not enough.
And in addition I’m not American :] , so I’m sorry for my bad language

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
First off, some of these mods didn't exist in 1.7.10, although in some cases predecessors did (AE2 didn't exist yet in 1.7.10, it was just AE).

Second off, 1.7.10 is no longer supported by most devs anymore. Just taking one out of your list as an example, asking CJ to update the 1.7.10 version of Railcraft would be an act of... futility.

Third off, some of these devs are no longer around in the Modded Minecraft community. For example, Emoniph is the creator of Witchery, but no longer does minecraft modding. But the code is still, last I checked anyway, closed-source, meaning no one else is permitted to work on it without his permission. Which means you have certain legal roadblocks hampering your request.

Fourth off, this is not how you submit a bug report for getting fixed. You need to specify which bugs you have encountered with the software, what steps were taken to discover the bug, and if it is repeatable. With that information, maybe -maybe- some mod authors might take pity on you and clean it up a bit in their free time. But I'd give long odds at best. Giving blanket statements like 'all bugs and dupes' is not going to help in any way.

Fifth off, if you've already posted this before, why do you think you're going to get any more help now just by asking again?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
First off, some of these mods didn't exist in 1.7.10, although in some cases predecessors did (AE2 didn't exist yet in 1.7.10, it was just AE).

Second off, 1.7.10 is no longer supported by most devs anymore. Just taking one out of your list as an example, asking CJ to update the 1.7.10 version of Railcraft would be an act of... futility.

Third off, some of these devs are no longer around in the Modded Minecraft community. For example, Emoniph is the creator of Witchery, but no longer does minecraft modding. But the code is still, last I checked anyway, closed-source, meaning no one else is permitted to work on it without his permission. Which means you have certain legal roadblocks hampering your request.

Fourth off, this is not how you submit a bug report for getting fixed. You need to specify which bugs you have encountered with the software, what steps were taken to discover the bug, and if it is repeatable. With that information, maybe -maybe- some mod authors might take pity on you and clean it up a bit in their free time. But I'd give long odds at best. Giving blanket statements like 'all bugs and dupes' is not going to help in any way.

Fifth off, if you've already posted this before, why do you think you're going to get any more help now just by asking again?
AE2 existed in 1.7.10 by the way. It's in InfiTech 2.