First starter map for FTB Unleashed

Boes

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first starter map that i have considered posting..

Please give me any constructive feedback regarding how i can improve it

There is a mine started with 3x3 Corridors every 10 z levels under the house
and an attic with a few minor non-cheaty items in it...
Pictures:
EDITED: Now with working Pictures I hope
854XRj6.jpg

vsP0XRy.jpg

pVq91CD.jpg

There are a few things in the attic, that might be useful or might not, depends on how you may want to play
Save File:
V2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/69qrjpjk83wpvew/Starter_Point_V2.zip

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
First off, I can't help but notice that you start out in creative. That was a nice touch. ( :p )
Secondly, I like what you have in so far, it lets you branch out into whatever mods you want to start with and doesn't bombard you with resources. It's a very simple start. The house also looks very nice. One thing I would suggest is adding in a tinkers construct setup, preferably with all the patterns already punched. I say this because its easy enough to set up, but it's a pain in the butt to do so. I'm just asking for the stencil table (which might not even be useful) the pattern chest (optionally full of pre-punched patterns), the part builder and the tool station. Just set up anywhere. I mean it's simple enough to make some axes and destroy a forest to get a setup, but as I said, that's a pain in the butt.

All that said, it's your map, not mine. I will respect your decisions regarding it, I'm just stating my opinion.

EDIT: I would also recommend stone tools, not wood. The wooden tools are useless as soon as you mine three stone.

EDIT2: You could add one more layer to the mine. As it is currently situated, there is no layer of the mineshaft that can have diamonds besides the floor of the bottom layer. Also, it would be at level ten, the level with very manageable lava lakes, so you still get lava and obsidian, but you don't get any pouring on your head.

Reactions: Boes

Boes

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the feedback, I will make the change to stone tools, and fix the creative issue. I am thinking about going ahead and building an off shoot building to house the tinker's construct forge. I had intended to take the mine to level 10, and must have just missed when i stopped.

Reactions: goreae

Yashagoro

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest... I ****ing love it. I loved what I found in the attic not the items but the barrels I love them but they are a pain to get unless you already got a lot of wood. The house is some of the my favorite wood in the modpack. The farm rubber trees and other trees were a good idea. Giving us the ability to get food faster. You can get string and wool easier thanks to the cotton. The mined area is awesome. I loved it because I went down I reached the bottom and I realized how far down I was. The area you dug out has a decent amount of materials so you can choose what modpack you want to use almost right away. Its a really good start. I can't wait for another version of this starter house, another starter house or whatever else your going to make :D
I am going to play around in this world and make it my main world for now I will upload some images to imgur and make a post on the thread whenever I do something big to the house and stuff like that

Reactions: Boes and goreae

Boes

Jul 29, 2019
Yashagoro, cool and thanks for the praise... i'd love to see what you do with it

Yashagoro

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as this is a point in time where more and more people are getting into modpacks like the ones in FTB as it is the big thing. You should set some goals like challenges for your map for people to get to. I am kind of at a loss for what to do myself its hard to choose which mod to start first its nice to have a set of goals this is just a suggestion :D.
Update: I have explored more of the world I added a new row of barrels on one side of the attic and I moved the bottom rows out more so they are easier to see. I extended the mineshaft to level 10 and I have started two 3x3 mines and a 4x4 mine I have found four diamond so far and a bunch of other stuff. I need to mine through the upper layers a little more as well.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Seeing as this is a point in time where more and more people are getting into modpacks like the ones in FTB as it is the big thing. You should set some goals like challenges for your map for people to get to. I am kind of at a loss for what to do myself its hard to choose which mod to start first its nice to have a set of goals this is just a suggestion :D.
Update: I have explored more of the world I added a new row of barrels on one side of the attic and I moved the bottom rows out more so they are easier to see. I extended the mineshaft to level 10 and I have started two 3x3 mines and a 4x4 mine I have found four diamond so far and a bunch of other stuff. I need to mine through the upper layers a little more as well.
Don't know what to do? think about it while mining. When you are done mining, you can then look at your resources and decide on a method in which to process them.

Yashagoro

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized after exploring this world is plagued with extreme hills biomes and eucalyptus trees.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with this map some. Did not realize that it was for 1.1.3 (playing 1.1.4) as such had item id mismatches. If there was something upstairs besides the barrels and their contents then I don't know what it was since they got deleted. Barrels, House itself, and the farm were alright. Love the look you gave us. Thinking about makeing a floating platform in the water for my nether portal. Will use this one for a while.

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
Built a nether portal beside the house on a wood and stone deck. The portal in the nether spawned on top of the bedrock roof. Fortunantly I was able to dig down in a spot nearby. Had a TC floating island spawn right beside the portal so one layer of bedrock was gone, giving me access to spots to dig. Had to build a tunnel going about 70 blocks before making a staircase going down since the spawn point is right above a huge lava lake. On the upside I had an easily secured entry point for the nether.