Firefox doesn't work on 'this' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom V

Jul 29, 2019
True, like I said yesterday to someone, nobody isn't really waiting for the new phpBB3.0.11 release as it hasn't any critical bug fixes or new features.

Yet nice to know you'll inform us for downtime. :)

BTW:
Updating phpBB shouldn't really take longer then 10 minutes. Even when done completely live, unless some mods make the auto-updater complain.
Upload the folder as install2 or so, rename it back to install, run the update rename again to install2 and then delete it.
(This way the install folder doesn't take the forum in maintenance mode)

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
I'm talking about the full FTP process, which will include a whole new set of images, many of which are bigger than their original counterparts, more code changes to the template and variable systems than I can count, as well as a complete theme overhaul. I'm also leaving some extra room for problems. A 10 minute update can quickly turn into a 2 our bug hunt =P.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
IBurn36360 said:
I looked through the full changelog, and there is no reason for me to update the board. Almost all of the changes that were made are changes I have either made or sidestepped as a whole already in the next site update. Rest assured that the next time I break things, it is for a whole site overhaul =). On that note, I will be announcing some downtime when the site may go completely unresponsive while I push said update. I expect the entire process to take no more than half an hour depending on server response time. Ill try to get a better estimate once I package the update to be deployed.

-IBurn36360
Well as long as you don't take our cookies away from us again, I'll be happy ;) I'd like to keep my chocolate chip :D

IBurn36360

Jul 29, 2019
Cookie persistence is out of my hands at this point, although I wish it was so I could fix it permanently. Any and all updates I do should not mess with the cookie in any way, and I have no intention of changing the cookie in the distant future for any reason (watch the cookie standards change now).

-IBurn36360

Tom V

Jul 29, 2019
IBurn36360 said:
I'm talking about the full FTP process, which will include a whole new set of images, many of which are bigger than their original counterparts, more code changes to the template and variable systems than I can count, as well as a complete theme overhaul. I'm also leaving some extra room for problems. A 10 minute update can quickly turn into a 2 our bug hunt =P.

True, was only talking about updating phpBB and nothing more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.