fihgu's Command mods installation help/questions

taloravia

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am having some issues starting up a server running the Fihgu's mod, and I also had a couple questions.

1). How do you install this to have it work on the server?
- I pulled the files and put them in the server.jar as per what the original installation instructions said to do. However, this did not work. I then put the same files in the mods folder (while leaving the same files in the .jar) and still had the same issue. I then moved said files from the mods folder and put them in the coremods folder, but still no go.
So, like I asked, how is it that you install this and have it work on the server?

2). When I install this mod, will all users be required to download it to connect to the server?

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
1). Let me see if I can't help out here:
  • Copy your original FTB-Beta-A.jar back into the folder, or do a clean install of the FTB server (don't forget to copy your maps!)
  • Go to the Minecraft Forge Repository and download the correct Version. It is NOT the latest version, so you have to scroll down a bit. (you need Forge 6.0.1.341)
  • Unzip this and drag it all into your FTB-Beta-A.jar (this is the default server jar file name) file that you have open in WinRar, or whichever Rar program you use. Do not close this window yet.
  • Download the CoreMod zip file. (It's first on his list at the Minecraft Forum thread where you found the mod)
  • Unzip that nifty CoreMod2.0.0.zip and drag it into the FTB-Beta-A.jar that you still have open. Close that once everything has copied. (The Forge and the CoreMods zips, just to reiterate)
  • Download the Login, Permission, Protection and Teleport zip files (Pick which ones you want to use, of course)
  • Do not unzip these files.
  • Drag the .zip files you just downloaded into your server/mods folder
Start up your brand new Server!

2). No, all users will not have to download this mod to connect to your server. This is like installing a Plugin on a Bukkit server (i said "like") as in it is all server-side.

Any more issues, don't hesitate to ask.

kooljac702

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah umm krizmac could you help me? it seems everytime I put them into FTB-Beta-A.jar the .jar doesnt work

taloravia

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thank you for the assistance. I will have to give this a try on a test server soon. =)

iguanian

Jul 29, 2019
g'day im having the same prob i follow the intrutions above but the server says

[INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.2
[SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception DuplicateModsFoundException
cpw.mods.fml.common.DuplicateModsFoundException
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyDuplicates(Loader.java:374)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:335)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:457)
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:80)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:339)
at hg.c(DedicatedServer.java:49)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:454)
at fp.run(SourceFile:818)
[SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\ian\Desktop\FTB\FTBBetaA_Server\.\

when i do a new server install without the changes stated here it runs

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using a host that provides MultiCraft panel usage then make sure after you upload the edited .jar that either you deleted the older .jar (while the server is stopped/offline!) and uploaded the edited .jar using the same name as before, or that you changed the JAR File option located in the mail panel page to reflect the new name. Let me know if you need a more thorough walk through of this.

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah its super simple. Just unrar or unzip core, copy the files. Unzip/unrar the ftbjar and paste the files into the main directory of the jar and not into a folder. Then you save it and reupload the jar and your done. Super simple. I did not download nothing different than the forge FTB came with. It was a 2 min unzip/past/reupload and has worked perfect for a month now.