Feed The Beast Launcher Directories(Mac, Linux, Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
The FTBlauncher settings folders are hidden on all Operating systems. To reveal them please Google "How to reveal hidden folders <operating system name here>". DO NOT use any special characters while naming the FTB install folder. DO NOT install the folder in a temporary directory(save to Desktop if you don't understand what this means).

Windows:
<
---FTBlauncher settings folder:
:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\[ftblauncher]

---FTBlauncher install folder:
Run FTB Launcher and select the "OPTIONS" tab. It will show you where you have it set to install where it says "Install folder...". Pressing the "..." button will allow you to set a new location.
>

Linux:
<
It should install to your Home folder, as this varies on Linux systems I recommend you Google the location of the home folder on your machine. The folder name is "ftblauncher".

Run FTB Launcher and select the "OPTIONS" tab. It will show you where you have it set to install where it says "Install folder...". Pressing the "..." button will allow you to set a new location.
>

Mac:
<
I don't have a linux machine so I will update this upon the first reply i receive telling me the location.

>

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
You may also want to note than on linux in addition to the modpack folder it also creates an invisible .ftblauncher folder in your home directory that may be needed if your settings file become corrupt or something. I would assume that it also creates an invisible folder on mac and windows too since it has to open the settings file to figure out where the main modpack folder is, but I'm not sure where it would be stored.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I meant the folder with all the technical files are hidden, not the main modpack folder. Just in case something were to happen where someone needed to remove a file inside because it was corrupt or something. There's both a .ftblauncher folder and a modpack folder specified in the options tab.

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I meant the folder with all the technical files are hidden, not the main modpack folder. Just in case something were to happen where someone needed to remove a file inside because it was corrupt or something. There's both a .ftblauncher folder and a modpack folder specified in the options tab.
I understood what you said, which is why I specified the settings folder. I couldn't find the ftblauncher folder in the options tab. What version are you using? I use Linux Jar 1.2.2.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, sorry I didn't notice that. The main settings folder location is not changeable since that's where it finds out where the modpack folder is located. It's invisible in your home folder, you can see it by typing 'ls -f' in terminal.

EDIT: The mac settings folder is in ~/Library/Application Support/ftblauncher the user library folder is invisible so you have to use either Go>Go to folder... and enter ~/Library in the finder menu or use terminal and type 'cd ~/Library'.

Status
Not open for further replies.