EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
P

Plaah007

Title:
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Launcher Version:
v1.4.11
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7
Modpack Version:
v2.2.2
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I get this error from time to time. Sometimes I'm able to play 10h straight but sometimes the game won't even launch. I've tried reinstalling windows, java, ftb launcher and the game files.. but nothing has been working. I tried running Windows Memory Diagnostics tool for all my RAM cards seperately (extended test) and the result was "no errors found". I've scanned my SSD and HDD if they're broken but nope.. I have the lastest drivers all gotten from component manufacturers sites. I'm totally lost how to continue.. Can't figure out how to fix this. Tested Java 8u66,u65, u60 and Java 7 u80, u79, u56 and u55. Tried with no java arguments and with them but it doesn't matter. From the FTB launcher tried with Optimization Arguments for fast computers and without..

Can you help me?

Lena

Jul 29, 2019
I'v been having this issue for a while - reinstalled Windows, Java, FTB... Nothing helped... Ran launcher with elevated perms (as Admin). Until someone recommended switching graphics card I am using to run FTB. If you have more than one graphics card it may not be using more powerful one by default. I had to right click FTB launcher and click 'Run with Graphics processor'. Then choose the graphics card you wish to use. Hope this helps.

P

Plaah007

Unfortunately I have only 1 graphics card. My processor doesn't have integrated graphics card (i7 4960X) and I have GTX Titan X. There was no problem 7 months ago with the same setup. Thanks for the tip though!

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Following this guide could lead to security exploits. We advice against following these steps unless you are sure you understand and accept the risks.
Reposted From Spigot

The steps to prevent Minecraft 64 bit crashing with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) error are given below:

Reinstall the Java Runtime Environment

The Java installation is probably corrupted. You may have to uninstall and reinstall the same. Java is used by Minecraft and corruption of the Java files lead runtime errors.

For Windows 8.1/ 8:
  1. Press Windows Key + X.
  2. Select Programs and Features.
  3. Press F3 key. In the Search box on the top right corner, type “Java”
  4. Right click “Java Runtime Environment” from the Search Results, select Uninstall option.
  5. Follow the on-screen wizard and then reboot your PC.
For Earlier Versions of Windows:
  1. Click the Start button.
  2. Select Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs | Uninstall a program.
  4. Refer Steps # 3-5 from Windows 8.1/ 8 user’s paragraph.

Reinstall the Minecraft

After re-installing the Java program, reinstall the Minecraft as well. The process of re-installation is similar to that of Java.

Disable User Account Control

This error appears due to conflicts with the User Account Control (UAC), a security feature in Microsoft Windows.

For Windows 8.1/ 8:
  1. Press Windows Key.
  2. Type “Control Panel” in the Search Box.
  3. Click the Apps icon.
  4. Open that from the Search Results.
  5. Click User Accounts and Family Safety | User Accounts.
  6. Click “Change User Account Control settings” link.
  7. Move the slidebar to the extreme bottom, i.e. Never Notify.
  8. Click the OK button.

For Earlier Versions of Windows:
  1. Click the Start button.
  2. Type “Change user account control settings” in the Search Box.
  3. Open that from the Search Results.
  4. Refer Steps # 7-8 from Windows 8.1/ 8 user’s paragraph.

Check Conflicts with the DEP

Some of the program files are conflicting with the DEP feature in Windows. Add those program files to the Data Execution Prevention excluded files list as shown below:

For Windows 8.1/ 8 and Earlier Versions:
  1. Right click the Computer desktop icon.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Click “Advanced system settings” link.
  4. Click the Advanced tab.
  5. Click Settings button under Performance.
  6. Click Data Execution Prevention tab.
  7. Select “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.
  8. Click the Add button.
  9. Browse and add all the files from the following directory:
    • C:\Program Files\Minecraft
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft
    • C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\.Minecraft
  10. Click OK | OK.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
oh God, no! Please do not ask user to run XXX without UAC or to disable DEP without explaining what it does for the security. Also that guide has instructions only for vanilla MC it misses Curse Voice and FTB launcher.

P

Plaah007

I tried running the FTB Launcher as an administrator, but it didn't help. Neither did disabling the UAC. I have already reinstalled Windows, all the drivers, Java, FTB Launcher and Infinity mod pack over 7 times. Didn't quite understand what I was suposed to add to the DEP so I added FTB Launcher.exe.. Didn't help but most likely wrong file anyway. I don't have Minecraft folder in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
oh God, no! Please do not ask user to run XXX without UAC or to disable DEP without explaining what it does for the security. Also that guide has instructions only for vanilla MC it misses Curse Voice and FTB launcher.
My apologies, I do assume people either know what they are doing or know enough to check instructions before blindly following them.