Error: Unable to start Minecraft Runtime Environment.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Error: Unable to start Minecraft Runtime Environment.
Launcher Version:
Curse
Modpack:
Regrowth
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I just did clean windows 10 installation, after that, I cannot launch minecraft... I downloaded Regrowth pack, after clicking play, I get error popup with a message: "Unable to start Minecraft Runtime Environment. This is most likely caused by a corruption. Please try to reinstall Minecraft."
At first, I had Java 8 update 66 installed, had this problem, browsed the Web, found that modded minecraft doesn't like Java 8. Ok, uninstalled it, installed Java SE Runtime Environment 7u79. The problem still persists... I can't open minecraft.exe manually either. Minecraft.jar works tho!
Now I have no idead, what to do to make it work!

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Or use curse's forums to seek help. Curse voice uses dedicated vanilla installation...