Equivalent Exchange

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DJNinjaLegend

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, I really don't think that EE should be in feed the beast. Feed the beast is very similar to Tekkit, but better in my opinion, because at the moment, FTB doesn't have EE. Equivalent Exchange, makes the game WAY to easy. All you need is a condenser and the game is finished. There is no challenge. You don't have to go looking for materials etc, you just condense them. It takes away the point of farming food if you can just get energy collector, get a bunch of diamonds, and just turn them into steaks. I know people will say 'Don't use it then', but I will, of course I will. It makes it easier, we all know how pissed off we can get with minecraft when we find two diamonds in a cave, and you desperately need that one more to make a pickaxe. Although it's annoying, it's a challenge! Minecraft is too easy with EE. Plus on servers if you don't want to use EE, there's nothing stopping somebody else using them.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Because all my friends disagree with me D: But do I at least have a point?

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is in the process of a complete rewrite. You might not be able to condense everything into other things in the future, we do not know it yet.

So imho excluding a mod, wich is changed heavily and not even public yet, already is stuipd.

Riizu

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point, and in fact, agreed when it came to EE2.

But it is worth pointing at that this was a big concern for pahimar for EE3. Not much is known, but hes already stated its supposed to be an "endgame mod." The sheer amount of diamonds involved is designed to be plain ridiculous.

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he removed collectors and condensers.

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is going to be much more balanced then EE2. Condensers are going to be removed as well as many other OP items such as the destruction catalyst. The EMC system is also getting a complete overhaul (there are now multiple kinds of EMC). I agree that EE2 was overpowered, especially in multiplayer, however Pahimar is working hard to make sure that this version will be much more balanced.

DJNinjaLegend

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is in the process of a complete rewrite. You might not be able to condense everything into other things in the future, we do not know it yet.

So imho excluding a mod, wich is changed heavily and not even public yet, already is stuipd.

True, sorry :'(

EE3 is going to be much more balanced then EE2. Condensers are going to be removed as well as many other OP items such as the destruction catalyst. The EMC system is also getting a complete overhaul (there are now multiple kinds of EMC). I agree that EE2 was overpowered, especially in multiplayer, however Pahimar is working hard to make sure that this version will be much more balanced.

Okay, I probably should have done some research before I posted this. Sorry guys.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
In my opinion, I really don't think that EE should be in feed the beast. Feed the beast is very similar to Tekkit, but better in my opinion, because at the moment, FTB doesn't have EE. Equivalent Exchange, makes the game WAY to easy. All you need is a condenser and the game is finished. There is no challenge. You don't have to go looking for materials etc, you just condense them. It takes away the point of farming food if you can just get energy collector, get a bunch of diamonds, and just turn them into steaks. I know people will say 'Don't use it then', but I will, of course I will. It makes it easier, we all know how pissed off we can get with minecraft when we find two diamonds in a cave, and you desperately need that one more to make a pickaxe. Although it's annoying, it's a challenge! Minecraft is too easy with EE. Plus on servers if you don't want to use EE, there's nothing stopping somebody else using them.

Am I the only one who thinks this? Because all my friends disagree with me D: But do I at least have a point?

Having sinned and played tekkit servers in the past- I can say about half of them turn EE off in some way. (quite a few fully disable it). I also spent a fair amount of time breaking EE enables tekkit servers with some tubes and macerating blaze rods... just a river of DM pedestals coming off it...

SSP I only used it for swilfwolf and dm tools for mining- any emc generation was out. (the alchemical chests are also quite useful)

However EE3 (the version to be added here) will not be as OP as EE2- things like the philosophers stone will now take a lot of work to perfect.
Also there's be quite a few servers that'll nerf it further or just disable it.

-Edit; Double Ninja'd

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019

Well, there will still be a basic single EMC. Items will however fall into certain equivalence categories.

From the sounds of it so far, you will be able to convert things in the same category at a 1:1, but outside will have a cost penalty. Hard to say though, even Pahimar probably doesn't know exactly how it will work yet:)

Also, OP, even if FTB were to use EE2, they would still keep it in. It is at the very heart of the feed the beast map. Watch some of Direwolfs FTB lets plays and just try to imagine it without EE at all.

However, you can also always just disable a mod yourself:)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
There's something all of you are missing here.

Feed The Beast, at its core, is a map. A skyblock challenge map, where the goal is to make everything out of nothing and "feed" certain items to the "beast" (the monument) in order to receive rewards and/or progress.

The FTB Modpack primarily exists to enable that map. However, due to its growing popularity, the FTB team has decided to release the modpack stand-alone as well, and that's what we're playing right now.

However, the challenge map absolutely relies on Equivalent Exchange. Without the transmutation tablet, it wouldn't have been possible. As such, saying that EE doesn't belong into FTB is about as good as saying that blood does not belong in a human body. :p FTB will absolutely, 100% guraranteed integrate EE3 no matter how that mod turns out, because it is that integral to the very core of what Feed The Beast is.

However, as always, players and server admins are free to disable it - and with the great launcher, it's easier to do so than ever.

EDIT: ninja'd by zemerick, nuts!

Reactions: Moleculor

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019

i agree 50% of this but i also wanna say that it should be added since it has had a MAJOR update and it is alot harder to get stuff and it isn't has overpowered has usaul.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Feed the beast is very similar to Tekkit, but better in my opinion, because at the moment, FTB doesn't have EE.
Yes it is similar, but there are a LOT of differences. Namely: it's 1.4.2 and has the ability to use the mods that are presently exclusive to Technic.
EE3 will be nothing like EE2, which with entirely change how EE-addicts play the game, believe you-me, they will be pissed.
And the rest of us for that matter.

You won't be able to. Condenser are out.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is similar, but there are a LOT of differences. Namely: it's 1.4.2 and has the ability to use the mods that are presently exclusive to Technic.
EE3 will be nothing like EE2, which with entirely change how EE-addicts play the game, believe you-me, they will be pissed.
And the rest of us for that matter.

You won't be able to. Condenser are out.

Ehh, condenser is out, but the mechanics are still there and make it fairly easy. It's even possible right now with the minium stone. You just need to set it up to autocraft your recipe as its fed items. More complex, but effectively still there. Transmutation Tablet is also going to be in, though I think he said he was going to tweak it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Ehh, condenser is out, but the mechanics are still there and make it fairly easy. It's even possible right now with the minium stone. You just need to set it up to autocraft your recipe as its fed items. More complex, but effectively still there. Transmutation Tablet is also going to be in, though I think he said he was going to tweak it.
See now I thought his changelog said the TT was out too. I'll check that later.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
See now I thought his changelog said the TT was out too. I'll check that later.
Well, it's a little of both. Heres the current list:

• Red Matter has been removed
  • Collectors have been removed
  • Condensers have been removed
  • The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed
  • The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics
  • There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires"
  • More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins
  • EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time
  • A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time
Also note that EMC system is in, and will even have wires to move it around now as well. I know there was something mentioned about a value and cost system, as well as the different categories of items. Current EMC types per the github are: CORPOREAL,KINETIC,TEMPORAL,ESSENTIA,AMORPHOUS,VOID,OMNI

https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3/blob/master/ee3_common/ee3/common/emc/EMCType.java

Obviously this is subject to change, and in fact already has at least once. I think there used to be a "HELL" category for example.

PS: Open source is awesome:)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at home, and my inlaws computer isn't the greatest, so I'm trying not to burden it with bunches of tabs :p

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at home, and my inlaws computer isn't the greatest, so I'm trying not to burden it with bunches of tabs :p

When you leave, remember to set all of their bookmarks to load on startup. Then, remind them how smooth your computer run. It won't help now, but they'll be much more likely to upgrade sooner rather than later, and you won't have to tolerate that any more:)

ividito

Jul 29, 2019
Even with EE in the modpack, the launcher makes disabling mods so easy that including it in the complete modpack is a non-issue. As for the map, it completely relies on the concept of getting something from nothing.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When you leave, remember to set all of their bookmarks to load on startup. Then, remind them how smooth your computer run. It won't help now, but they'll be much more likely to upgrade sooner rather than later, and you won't have to tolerate that any more:)
Nah, father in law is a programmer. But can't use his computer thanks to all of his rules for use. Mother in laws laptop belongs in the crapper lol
So I will just take your word for it right now :p

TGS100

Jul 29, 2019
you dont understand though how much diamonds it takes to get some of those items

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly as far as I know, EE is a great concept. You mine something, then exchange that item for something else of the same value. That was what the transmutation tablet did. Then you needed away to get rid of use junk by mass exchange, that's the condensers did. (I really hope there is an equivalent of that in EE3). It is the rest that made it over powered. (Eg. The Destruction Catalyst, Red Matter). But the one thing that made REALLY REALLY overpowered was the Power Flower. It literally generated something out of nothing. Does that seem balanced? Certainly not to me.

That was EE2. Now there is EE3. It will become a complete rewrite that made very well need a power source to work.