Open Env Tech config issue?

H

Hexagon

Summary of the problem Env Tech config issue?

Pack Version FTB Horizons III 1.6.0

What is the bug? There appear to be typos in the environmental tech tier_n.json files that name a non-existent lens type for each of the envtech tiered crystals. This means there's no preferred lens available for the crystals and it bugs the JEI display of preferred lenses for these items.

Mod & Version environmentaltech-1.12.2-2.0.6b

Link to log file N/A

Is it repeatable? Not sure if this is actually a bug, but it seems to greatly improve generation rates once I've edited the JSON.

Known Fix For each stanza in the set of files where n is 1 to 6, instance/config/environmentaltech/multiblocks/void_miner/ore/tier_n.json JSON file naming "id": "environmentaltech:*_crystal", change the "target" to "crystal", instead of whatever the * matched. This seems to allow these ores to be targeted by a crystal lens, and it fixes the JEI display too.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
H

Hexagon

(Err, and sorry for replying to myself but it seems like at at least one point the DW20 pack might've had this issue too, at least watching the videos. I've just updated to DW20 1.4.0 [which bundles environmentaltech-1.12.2-2.0.5a] and it's also got this issue.)

I tried searching the envtech JAR file for where the config might be generated but can't find it (probably because it's in a .class file?), so I'm posting here in case it's an FTB-provided config file. If this should be raised against ValkyrieofNight's github instead, please let me know.

Last edited:
H

Hexagon

Eugh, just tested wiping configs manually and it was totally my 1.5.0 migrated configs that had been carried across that broke it. Please feel free to close this issue and leave this tombstone as a reminder to any other folks who need to get the same clue I did.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Eugh, just tested wiping configs manually and it was totally my 1.5.0 migrated configs that had been carried across that broke it. Please feel free to close this issue and leave this tombstone as a reminder to any other folks who need to get the same clue I did.
Yeah, its an awkward one because while it does say in the changelog to regenerate the jsons (delete and allow them to be recreated) I wouldn't have thought to look at that myself! Its good to know that sometimes these things need doing.