Efficient EU Production?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
From what I remember, though, I believe King Lemming said that a lot of TE was designed to be as CPU-friendly as humanly possible. That said, I'm not sure about the exact performance stats of generators vs engines...specially since both require wiring to use/store the energy, anyway.

Well consider that in my setup I was using 300 thermal generators for continuous power (I was rapidly depleting an enormous area in a lava age with 4 advanced pumps). If I switched to magmatics for greater fuel efficiency, I'd need 800 of them to produce the same rate of power. CPU friendly or not, it's 500 more power producing blocks, plus the wiring and power converters (although conversion of bc to hv would reduce the number of eu packets dramatically). My own solution was to switch to boilers and power convert steam instead (because I need only 14 of those to produce about the same rate of power).

gcity306

Jul 29, 2019
I really do like to use Blaze Rods as a power source. 2 tier 5 spawners can easily power 70 generators though you need some High Energy Pellet launchers to kill them off instantly as the spawner tries to spawn every 2 seconds. Maybe you can use blazes to fuel boilers, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Have you tried minefactory tree farming? - the machines are very cheap to make and not fussed about Eu or MJ.
They also work insanly fast- running 8x36HP boilers off 2x 3x48 beds of saplings with a lot of wood to spare.​
(you can energy bridge or crucible/lava fab across to Eu if you dont want to turbine)​

Blaze boilers got nerfed after I posted my setup (1 shard powering 2x36Hp+36Lp).

Vorg

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the MFFS setup in single player mode using DW20 pack 5.2.1 and couldn't get it to work. I had to put a glass cable from the output of the mfsu over to the converter in the middle of the picture to get anything flowing and then it seemed to slowly drain the FE but didn't full up the mfsu. the amounts just kept pulsing back and forth (3k-4k in the mfsu). Also, tried to craft with uu and it doesn't work unless the pattern changed.

Senceofdeath

Jul 29, 2019
to start power,use oil in semifuild generatorto create power,pertty efficient,but you have life near to oil.After get 4 diamonds,make a refinery to make fuel.and put it into diesel generator.It create 348k eu at 12 per tick.[DOUBLEPOST=1374490834][/DOUBLEPOST]also,using mj is good at start.pulverlizer,powered furnace,induction smelter.these are things that i use at start.[DOUBLEPOST=1374490922][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really do like to use Blaze Rods as a power source. 2 tier 5 spawners can easily power 70 generators though you need some High Energy Pellet launchers to kill them off instantly as the spawner tries to spawn every 2 seconds. Maybe you can use blazes to fuel boilers, but I haven't looked into that yet.
high energypellet launcher will kill things in no drops.

Benjywa

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents - you sound like you have enough mats to get a serious power source, biomass engines/ generators suck all kind of balls as a permanent energy solution imo, biomass engines yuk, build a still and use combustion engines. Bio/ semi fluid generators? YUK, MJ into magma crucible and use the lava for power

So many different options - I have my preferences and my current setup tends to be in stages and in 3 starts I have done it 3 different ways

Step 1 (setting up and powering 32 eu on demand) - burn wood to get up and running (easier to plant a bunch of spruces near base and harvest/replant on demand)
Step 2 - couple of geothermals powered by aluminum cans of lava - take a stack mining and pick up a load of lava
But I reckon you can skip these

Lava route - pump lava up from bottom of the map - depends on proximity to lava and where you are building wise, build a monster tank and fill it - power 6-8 thermal generators and profit.
upgrade using chunk loaders and lava pumps/ ender tanks in the nether and you are golden... I stopped using it as it felt a bit like cheating to endertank nether lava. NOTE the tank acts as a buffer so when it starts emptying you have time to move your pump

Biomass/ charcoal route - steves carts tree farm 16x16 (E shape) with oak - this is so OP we have banned it from out new server. my 16 x 16 farm cost a few diamonds and produces enough wood that it powers the cart and 2 x 36HP solid boilers via charcoal. Build 2 fermenters and 6 stills and you can power another 2 36 HP liquid Boilers, build a small wheatfarm and autocraft compost and you can negate the need for any input (fertiliser) or maintenance for the system at all! I like systems that run forever and dispair at the new multifarms and their apitite requirement

Just fyi - this produces 720 steam or 350 eu/t or 144MJ/t per boiler via an energy bridge. 1 Steves cart farm with the right setup for 1400eu/t day and night - yes please... technically you could MJ to magma crucibles and make obsene amounts of lava for even more EU but its a bit greeds

On Demand route - new server, new rules, low tech. So I am farming trees and using hobby engines/ combustion engines and a small manual tree farm and a logger. build up a stock of fuel and charcoal then when I need power I flick a switch and get MJ from the engines or lava from a crucible to generators for EU.

remember boilers are only awesome if they are on 24hrs a day - so unless you have a UU fab you should use engines and switch on when you need it!

good luck

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesnt anyone ever use Ender Tanks with nether lava pumps and chunkloaders; its powered my base for 300 MC days now on my first pump, it may not be as good netherack but its very simple to set up and forget about (im running 6 geothermals and 24 magmatic engines on the 1 pump) But Im about to make a HV solar (or MV array) for my EU needs; I left alone my nuclear reactor on its first cycle without testing the cooling system; lets say my return from my nether trip wasnt welcoming lmao, thank god for reinforced stone

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesnt anyone ever use Ender Tanks with nether lava pumps and chunkloaders;

Because it kills server performance if everyone does it. And it's considered rather cheesy by a lot of people. I personally don't think it makes sense that lava acts as fuel anyway but that's simply a vanilla restriction.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Even if one was new, that means nothing. They are new here - but that doesn't mean they haven't been around the block. Thread necromancy isn't specific to this forum :p

Also, oblig:
4Zeah.jpg