EE3

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I love FTB, even more than Tekkit. But its just missing one thing and that EE3, one of my favorite mods.
If you are talking about tekkit, then do you mean EE2? EE3 is yet to be released (there are some pre-releases, but no major content yet).

We're still waiting on a full release before it can be assessed as to whether or not it should be in the pack.

wackmkev

Jul 29, 2019
If you are talking about tekkit, then do you mean EE2? EE3 is yet to be released (there are some pre-releases, but no major content yet).

We're still waiting on a full release before it can be assessed as to whether or not it should be in the pack.
Seeing as the origin of this pack was a map that ran on EE, it is very likely that EE3 is going to enter.

zlim3z

Jul 29, 2019
Most people dont like having EE anyway, It removes the challenge of the game, and if you don't use it, it disadvantages you on servers.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Most people dont like having EE anyway, It removes the challenge of the game, and if you don't use it, it disadvantages you on servers.
With EE2 yes. But with EE3 having a complete rewrite, it's going to be more balanced and difficult

Reactions: Vauthil

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably say that the original FTB map was based on mod interactions, and knowing the mechanics, with the test being achieving a set goal from a set start point. Given the nature of EE, this usually made people quite heavily reliant on it, as it filled in a lot of the gaps between the resource levels.

EE as it will be won't be quite as much of a putty to fill in the cracks, but, equally, there are other mods that let you get other items, now too. I'd suspect that it'll be added to the pack, but if it causes too many problems, then it will just be dropped. It's not a fundamental part of the setup at all, which has been shown by the fact that the launcher was released with a beta pack not including a release version, or the pre-release.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I have to counter you there by pointing out no version of the map for 1.4.2 was included in the beta release. If nothing else, this suggests that they feel (or is a matter of fact) that the map cannot function with the current beta modpack. EE and Red Power are the two big mods missing for this version compared to the 1.2.5 version. Which absence do you think is the more likely cause for the map not being releasable for 1.4.2?

enoch

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably say that the original FTB map was based on mod interactions, and knowing the mechanics, with the test being achieving a set goal from a set start point. Given the nature of EE, this usually made people quite heavily reliant on it, as it filled in a lot of the gaps between the resource levels.

EE as it will be won't be quite as much of a putty to fill in the cracks, but, equally, there are other mods that let you get other items, now too. I'd suspect that it'll be added to the pack, but if it causes too many problems, then it will just be dropped. It's not a fundamental part of the setup at all, which has been shown by the fact that the launcher was released with a beta pack not including a release version, or the pre-release.

Agreed, I felt like EE2 was too easy. It was too easy to "make" a lot of diamonds, or ender pearls, or glowstone, or whatever else I needed on the spot. Once I started in FTB, it was much more challenging. I have to be more careful where and when I use my resources, what machine or step I will make next, and that is a challenge I enjoy.

When EE3 is released I'll probably jump into it late, after the rest of the mods, depending on how different it will be because I still want to maintain that challenge without making it too easy to get material.