Edit thread Titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devfourk

Jul 29, 2019
For some of us over in server promotion forum it would be very good if we could Edit our thread titles to provide updated information.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Question for staff:
If you don't want that to be an option, would "Reporting" the post be a means to the same end?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It's planned but the software doesn't natively include a permission set for allowing users to edit their own thread titles without full-out moderation access, so it may take a bit.

For now, contacting a moderator (PM, report) is how to deal with it.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
It's planned but the software doesn't natively include a permission set for allowing users to edit their own thread titles without full-out moderation access, so it may take a bit.

For now, contacting a moderator (PM, report) is how to deal with it.
You guys use Xenforo, correct? That's the same software that the Technic Forums uses, and it's possible to edit thread titles over there. Maybe you could talk with their site admin (sct) and ask how he set it up?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
You guys use Xenforo, correct? That's the same software that the Technic Forums uses, and it's possible to edit thread titles over there. Maybe you could talk with their site admin (sct) and ask how he set it up?
It comes in third-party kits like XenForo Essentials, or one can write their own Add-on to handle it. I think in this case it's a matter of them figuring if they need to go with an actual add-on product or whip one up themselves, and finding the time to do it.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
It comes in third-party kits like XenForo Essentials, or one can write their own Add-on to handle it. I think in this case it's a matter of them figuring if they need to go with an actual add-on product or whip one up themselves, and finding the time to do it.
Reason number 42 why I don't use XenForo for the MageCraft forums. It cost several hundred dollars, and it doesn't have anywhere near the flexibility of phpBB

Reactions: Ashzification

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Reason number 42 why I don't use XenForo for the MageCraft forums. It cost several hundred dollars, and it doesn't have anywhere near the flexibility of phpBB
I hear you on that one. For "production" level sites I'm still running vB3. My XenForo license is used for a site where my friends and I use it as an occasionally Post-It wall.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I hear you on that one. For "production" level sites I'm still running vB3. My XenForo license is used for a site where my friends and I use it as an occasionally Post-It wall.
The definition of ironic: $140 piece of software is worse than a free piece of software.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I mod Feed The Beast and i don't mind people reporting for posts being in wrong sections.

If someone wants the topic name changed as long as they put something like

Would like to rename to : Explain for Rename
Reason : ?

;)

Another way is to message me on TS asking =)

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Xenforo is one of the best pieces of forum software out there and there is a good reason you cant rename threads, SEO, the urls in xenforo would be renamed if you were to edit the name of a post and so its not natively supported, it is added by 3rd party plugins or just coded in ourselves but right now we are working on a server listing site that will be a lot more user friendly than a big list of servers where the whitelist ones keep bumping to the top

Nozart

Jul 29, 2019
Its been planned for 2 months soon? Is there any more news on this, beside using the reportbutton to get threads changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.