Windows .exe Does not run through shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnet

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
I've noticed a small issue (which I can work around) for both the .jar and the new .exe file. If you run the .jar/exe from the location it's at by directly clicking on it, it runs just fine, installs the mod in that folder, and everything runs fine.

But I want a shortcut on my desktop.

With both the .jar and the .exe files, if I put it in a different directory, and have a shortcut on my desktop to it, it will load up the loader, and that will run just fine. But when I input credentials and hit log in, it freezes, closes, and the "Hello" screen never shows up.

Not sure why. I can have all the clutter on my desktop, but I REALLY dislike it.
Any ideas?

Carnet

Jul 29, 2019
Update: It actually only works when placed directly on my desktop. I am trying to save it to Desktop/MinecraftMods/FTB/, but it refuses to run anywhere but my desktop.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I only have the exe and haven't tried this with the jar but i right clicked and went to send to desktop(shortcut) then moved it to different folders that were before and after the location of my FTB folder that holds my exe and all works fine.

Have you tried putting your Jar or exe into a completely new folder and trying again since you can't get the launchers to load old folders (Copy and paste your saves/worlds into new folder)

Also what OS? I tried mine all on Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.