Request DLC for modpacks

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
this has been something I've been thinking about for a while now for the curse launcher and the FTB modpacks, and with the current alpha of Infinity: Evolved Skyblock I thought it might be worth to post a suggestion for it.

the suggestion, is to basically explain it, DLC for modpacks. back in the day when Resonant Rise was still very popular (it might still be, though I haven't checked on it for a long time now) they used the ATLauncher to install the modpack. with the launcher you had the option to enable or disable modules for a modpack, and with these modules you'd either include or exclude mods, or have specific configuration settings.

I thought this might be something for the curse launcher and FTB modpacks aswell. with this change, you'd still have the modpacks as they're now, but you'd be able to select extra DLC that'll influence the modpack. you could select DLC that'll add or remove some mods, or have effect on the configuration files of the modpack. through the launcher you can select the DLC that you want.

the DLC would be loaded onto the modpack, so you wouldn't have to create an extra instance of the modpack. and for example if you load pack A with DLC 1 activated, but you want to play the back without DLC 1, you close the pack, change it so no DLC is selected, and load the pack back up, and you basically will have a clean version of the pack again.

DLC would be added by the pack creators, but it could perhaps also be possible for users to create DLC that can be added to the pack, but it'd have to be approved by the pack creator first.

for Infinity: Evolved Skyblock this would mean that instead of creating a whole new modpack, you'd instead release a DLC for the main Infinity modpack that people can play.
I don't know if it's possible to do this, but I just wanted to share the idea.

Reactions: adamich

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've always been a bit surprised that this wasn't a thing. FTB Infinity Expert Mode is probably another example of something that could have been shipped in a modular fashion like this.

Reactions: Yusunoha