Direwolf20 MiniMap

Cira

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have been trying ot sort out which mod adds the default Minimap to Direwolf20 (V1.0.3)

I would like to instead enable Zan's or Rei's, but I can't seem to turn off the one that is there.

Thank you for your help

Cira

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind
I found out it was part of the Opis pack. Which would explain why I couldn't find it in the Mod listing as Map Writer.

Hope this helps others out

Vandraad

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind
I found out it was part of the Opis pack. Which would explain why I couldn't find it in the Mod listing as Map Writer.

Hope this helps others out

I too wanted to get switch out Opis for Rei's but when I disabled Opis and enabled Rei's, Direwolf20 (V1.0.6) fails to load. In fact, the entire launcher just quits.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The map writer mod is part of a group of mods by Opis. If you disable the Opis 1.1.0 alpha that will disable the map part.

To use rei's minimap get the version here because the one that is part of the pack is for 1.6.2 only.

Vandraad

Jul 29, 2019
The map writer mod is part of a group of mods by Opis. If you disable the Opis 1.1.0 alpha that will disable the map part.

To use rei's minimap get the version here because the one that is part of the pack is for 1.6.2 only.

I've done all that and still when I disable Opis 1.1.0 alpha and enable Rei's using that version you linked the FTB launcher begins loading then just shuts down.

Who thought those other maps were a good idea? They are horrible, especially that Zan's Opis map.

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I've done all that and still when I disable Opis 1.1.0 alpha and enable Rei's using that version you linked the FTB launcher begins loading then just shuts down.

Who thought those other maps were a good idea? They are horrible, especially that Zan's map.
I on the other hand am using a Zan's Minimap + Journeymap combo. I'm finding it much easier to do stuff and i can view my map in browser on my second monitor using JourneyMap

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK

Who thought those other maps were a good idea? They are horrible, especially that Zan's Opis map.

Please post your crash log to pastebin then link it here.

I used the Zans minimap in the 1.5 modpacks and found it to be better than rei's minimap. The mapwriter one is good but I don't really like the way points system. The mapwriter one is know to cause fps lag and uses a lot memory. I believe the mod author is looking into it.

If you don't like any of them then look for something else then. I have said to people to get the rei minimap from that link before and has worked.

Vandraad

Jul 29, 2019
Please post your crash log to pastebin then link it here.

I used the Zans minimap in the 1.5 modpacks and found it to be better than rei's minimap. The mapwriter one is good but I don't really like the way points system. The mapwriter one is know to cause fps lag and uses a lot memory. I believe the mod author is looking into it.

If you don't like any of them then look for something else then. I have said to people to get the rei minimap from that link before and has worked.

What I ended up doing was just clearing out my entire FTB mods folder, download the 1.0.7 pack, turned off Opis' stuff and Journeymans and added Rei's from that link and it worked. There must have been some error in the initial download that was causing a problem.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
What I ended up doing was just clearing out my entire FTB mods folder, download the 1.0.7 pack, turned off Opis' stuff and Journeymans and added Rei's from that link and it worked. There must have been some error in the initial download that was causing a problem.

No problem glad it is working. Enjoy. :D