Direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack crashing on launch

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
M

MCEruption

Title Direwolf20 1.7.10 modpack crashing on launch

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Direwolf20's modpack for MC 1.7.10

Modpack version 1.10.0

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/a7a9073d

Details of the issue Every time I launch the modpack it crashes right as it gets to the end of stage 4/7. I have edited the pack quite a bit, removing and adding many mods. I have the most current version of Java to my knowledge. I can launch other mod packs just fine, but I'm not sure what the problem is with this one. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
In having the same issue with Inventions 1.7.10. It wont load in resource packs and crashes half way through loading most times.
It has only started since the launcher update.
I have tried other FTB mod packs and they all work fine for me as long as they are not 1.7.10
Also tried loading in 4 different resource pack and they didnt load in to 1.7.10 (and no not all at once. im not that stupid).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So, @MCEruption your problem is due to the modifications you have made to the pack. Specifically you messed something up with the project red. See the line below from the log you posted.
Code:
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.Exception: Version for a module of ProjectRed (4.5.15.75) does not match the Core version (4.7.0pre9.92). Please make sure all ProjectRed jars are of the same version.

@Max_Output your problem is not the same as MCEruption's. His was due to mod loading and yours is dealing with resource packs. Please create your own thread and post a log there. It would be best if you use the "Support" button on the top ribbon of this page. It usually isn't a good practice to hijack someone else's support thread for your own issue unless you have reviewed the log and crash reports and verified that it is the same EXACT issue.

M

MCEruption

So, @MCEruption your problem is due to the modifications you have made to the pack. Specifically you messed something up with the project red. See the line below from the log you posted.
Code:
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.Exception: Version for a module of ProjectRed (4.5.15.75) does not match the Core version (4.7.0pre9.92). Please make sure all ProjectRed jars are of the same version.

@Max_Output your problem is not the same as MCEruption's. His was due to mod loading and yours is dealing with resource packs. Please create your own thread and post a log there. It would be best if you use the "Support" button on the top ribbon of this page. It usually isn't a good practice to hijack someone else's support thread for your own issue unless you have reviewed the log and crash reports and verified that it is the same EXACT issue.
I'm still having issues launching the pack. I fixed what seemed to be the issue with the project red, and then removed the mod altogether, but it's still crashing as soon as it gets to step 5 out of 7.

Max_Output

Jul 29, 2019
Did that 2 days ago and have not had a reply And mine is also to do with the mod not loading as well..as I have stated in my thread.
I tried 2 different 1.7.10 mods and had the same issues. it is to do with the latest launcher update but you dont want to listen

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So your key lines are this:
Code:
[10:49:28] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[10:49:28] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from MoCreatures
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id -17, One is already registered
While Item ID conflicts are a thing of the past. Sadly dimension ID conflicts still exists. So you have two mods trying to use dimension id -17. You will need to look at the config files for each mod the generates dimensions and see which one is using -17. One of them is MoCreatures. Might be easier to look at the config and move it then re-run the pack and see what happens.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Code:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id -17, One is already registered

Did you configure dimensions for new mods?

Reactions: Henry Link
M

MCEruption

So your key lines are this:
Code:
[10:49:28] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: The following problems were captured during this phase
[10:49:28] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Caught exception from MoCreatures
While Item ID conflicts are a thing of the past. Sadly dimension ID conflicts still exists. So you have two mods trying to use dimension id -17. You will need to look at the config files for each mod the generates dimensions and see which one is using -17. One of them is MoCreatures. Might be easier to look at the config and move it then re-run the pack and see what happens.
The launch went further this time but still crashes. New long: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/3cb37abb

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So that looks to be like a problem between foresty and dragonAPI. A qucik google search indicates that you might need to use forestry 3.6 instead of forestry 4.0. So try the older version of forestry. Not sure it will work. But give it a try.

We're making progress. So keep posting those logs.

M

MCEruption

So that looks to be like a problem between foresty and dragonAPI. A qucik google search indicates that you might need to use forestry 3.6 instead of forestry 4.0. So try the older version of forestry. Not sure it will work. But give it a try.

We're making progress. So keep posting those logs.
Tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. Here is the new log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/5e6ccd67

Thank you for your help on this lol its greatly appreciated

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Are you using Curse to put this pack together? If so could you do an export of it and send it to me in a PM. I might be able to help more if I had a copy of the pack.

Doing some more reading indicates the Reika did fix the forestry issue at one point in DragonAPI14a. You are currently using DragonAPI13a. Also, the forestry version that was mentioned to be stable with the13a was 3.6.10.1.
You might want to look at this thread on GitHub: https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/229