Direwolf20 1.7.10 fps lag

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

nikawiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Direwolf20 1.7.10 fps lag
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direwolf20 1.7.10
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Whenever I play the modpack, I get about ~250 fps, which is fine, but when my friend joins me, it goes down to under 40 fps, with occasional jumps to ~60 if I stay still. I understand there may be some client-server stuff involved, but it's really weird cuz my friend gets about 900 fps, and he is using a gtx 750 ti, i3 4130, and 4gb of ram, whereas I am using a gtx 970, i5 4690k oced, and 16gb of ram. There is one thing, I am using 1080 res, but he is using 1680-1050, but when I'm playing alone I get ~250 fps. Basically I'm wondering if the large frame loss is normal, or if there is a way to fix it with different settings, or something else. When I play mc there are no other intensive apps running... And, when I check msi afterburner, my gpu usage says about 49% being used, so I wonder why it's not being used fully.

Thanks!