Bug Direwolf Gamebreaking Lag

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
Ive tried Fastcraft and optifine together made all settings fast and even the ones that would help with remove lag off with no help ill get long periods of play with no lag then boom almost 20-30mins full on lag/almost crash.also during lag and use and closeing opening of pack i cant use anything on computor but thats off topic but during lag i cant move or anything and its always random timing and ammounts of lag/crash time

Montybone1234

Jul 29, 2019
Are you doing anything during that time of lag that may be causing it? Are you playing on a server? Try lowering your game settings i.e render distance to a smaller range, fancy graphics to fast, smooth lighting off. If that doesn't fix the problem try increasing your allotted RAM in the launcher settings. In my experience the default amount allowed isn't enough to run Dire wolf's pack very well.

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds to me more like TOO MUCH ram allocated. Minecraft sucks with ram (vanilla problem) even though it needs a good 3gig to launch, giving it too much is just like a traffic jam on the highway. Lots of information moving very slowly.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Since you said you can't use anything on your computer when the lag happens, maybe something other than MC is trying to run. Could be anti virus scan or some software trying to update. Is your AV software set to automatically scan at a certain time? Hit ctrl,alt, del and open task manager the next time it happens. Go to processes and see what is using all your resources. The backups and minimap in the pack have given some people lag spikes, but nothing that lasted for the amount of time you are saying. I would guess it is something other than MC causing it.

Montybone1234

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds to me more like TOO MUCH ram allocated. Minecraft sucks with ram (vanilla problem) even though it needs a good 3gig to launch, giving it too much is just like a traffic jam on the highway. Lots of information moving very slowly.
I didn't know this! So allotting to much RAM slows it down? Is it like the game getting cocky with the amount of RAM it has and decides to run slowly? XD

InfamousSubz

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know this! So allotting to much RAM slows it down? Is it like the game getting cocky with the amount of RAM it has and decides to run slowly? XD
it starts to dump informtion on itsself when there is alot of extra ram. but also binnes mod has a memory leak issue which causes alot lag i suppose your using the version that has the broken mod in (dire brings this up on one of his vidoes)