Different Silver Ores

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that silver of the item ID 2001:2 doesn't actually work with Slag Furnaces. In the latest version, are the Factorization silver ore nodes (the very large collections of ore that can only occur once per chunk) enabled? If not, is there a way I can enable it so that those large ore nodes generate?

Spacetime Mogul

Jul 29, 2019
There is an option in the config file of the Factorization mod for it.
At about line 50 it says "generateSilverOre=true", or at least it should say that. If this option has the value "false" instead of "true", you should just have to change it to "true" for the ore to generate.
I have not tested it out, but that should pretty much be the thing you´re looking for.
Said config file is named "factorization.cfg" and is found in your "FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\" folder.

I´m a little confused though - as far as I know this option should be enabled right from the start. If you are not the admin of the server you´re playing on, probably that ore was deliberately disabled by your admin, probably because of the laughably large amounts you find of it. (People on my server started building their floor out of silver blocks...)
If that should be case - don´t fear, there are other silver and lead ores in the game and the advantages of the slag furnace over other furnaces seem pretty dim to me, so you should be able to get around without that silver/lead ore.

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
It is indeed enabled. Perhaps I'm just strangely unlucky in my ability to find these laughably large amounts.

Spacetime Mogul

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is that a cluster of it will probably give you about a stack of silver, so once you found one you should be good.
Hm, another thing though - when our admin updated our server to the current version somehow factorization was not loaded or not included, I don´t know precisely.
The admin enabled factorization but did not bring up a backup as on our small server practically noone was using factorization.
Still all the factorization stuff was gone, including a stack of raw silver ore that I had in my chests, and probably also all of that silver ore out there in the already explored world.
If for some reason the same should have happened at your server, that could explain why you´re not finding any of that ore.

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Having played around a bit, using Factorization, the amount of silver (though it seems insane) is actually quite fitting for the mod. The entire setup easily takes 5-6 stacks of silver, at least... On a side note. The silver added by TE I think it is, is NOT compatible with Factorization and as such hinders the production of led which is also required by nearly anything in this mod.

So, be aware that disabling the generation of the large silver chunks will make it way harder for people wishing to use this mod.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with silver/lead incompatibility between Thermal Expansion and Factorization has been fixed in newer versions of the mods; it will work properly once FTB updates to 1.4.5. :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
And is the Factorization generation disabled then? Because it doesn't need that much silver, it is lead that it needs and slag furnace makes both from silver. And if there is lead ore in addition to silver I doubt the ores would run out.

Gerhard

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, I checked the configuration and generation is set to 'true'. Haven't yet found a large silver chunk.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The issue with silver/lead incompatibility between Thermal Expansion and Factorization has been fixed in newer versions of the mods; it will work properly once FTB updates to 1.4.5. :)
Does that mean Factorization will get the delicious yields for the other ore versions now too, or are only the crafting recipes fixed to properly play nice?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance Factorization tweaked its horrible supply and demand of silver to be in line with that of other silver-using mods?