Creating My Own Modpack/Server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Flubberj

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm looking into starting a private server with a couple of friends. I am basing my mod pack off of the Direwolf20 back with a few changes. Most notably getting rid of modular power suits and industrial craft. Instead of just starting people off without any equipment, I thought a good base idea was for people to have 1 "major" and 1 "minor" or 3 "minors." If you majored in a mod you would get starting equipment in the mod and if you minored in a mod you would get equipment from that mod, but less than it you majored in it. I'm primarily looking for advice on which mods to make majors and which mods to make minors. I am also open to any advice onto mods that could be added. Currently I have AP2, Blood Magic, Beekeeping, Mystcraft, Railcraft, Thaumcraft 4, and Witchery offered as majors or minors. I have Botania, ComputerCraft,Factorization, JABBA, PneumaticCraft, Steve's Carts 2, TC, and Twilight Forest as exclusively minors. And I'm also looking into making a broader "tech" major. Any advice would beappreciated.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Why is botania a minor? You could make it a major rather easily by giving the player a full mana tablet and a jaded amaranthus. That makes the early game go by much quicker as you can just generate the flowers you need and use the mana in the tablet to make better flowers like the endoflame. Also, for thaumcraft, I think it would be a good idea for the major to give the player a stack of knowledge fragments for the research points. Cuts down on the grind of scanning things for knowledge and allows the player to jump right into researching.

Flubberj

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely take your advice under consideration. And thanks for the advice about Botania, I'm not that familiar with it. One last thing, do you think you could help me come up with a couple plans for what majors could offer with Blood Magic, Witchery, and AP2? These are the couple I'm most unfamiliar with.