CPU Hitting 100% usage then crashing

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Upyernose

Apr 10, 2021
My friend has been having problems running any modpack, but Skyfactory 3 specifically (unmodified) on his gaming laptop. Right after opening the game from the launcher (the one launched by Cursed Forge) he gets to the loading screen. Task manager shows the game hit 100% CPU usage before not responding at 1/7 and 2/206 on the loading screen. We've tried everything from giving the game more RAM to use, all the way to re-installing both the modpack and Curseforge at the same time. He is using an i5-8300H CPU and 12 GB of RAM with very little processes running in the background.

Last edited:

Upyernose

Apr 10, 2021
Update. Fueled by caffeine at 1:30 in the morning, me and my friend finally got it to work, but I dont know how. With some help from BES, Battle Encoder Shirase, we we're able to limit the amount of CPU usage the Java program was running, while closing other minecraft programs at the same time. I'm not sure if we were just lucky with the things we closed, or if the extra Minecraft applications "open" were causing the problem.