converting MJ to Eu

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am using combustion engines on Fuel. Is there a machine that can burn the fuel and produce Eu?

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
The only way that is possible is if you put the Fuel into a Steam Boiler that uses Liquid Fueled Fireboxe's. You can use the steam created from the boiler to power Steam Engines for MJ(72 MJ/t if Low Pressure, 144 MJ/t if High Pressure) or to power a steam turbine. This machine creates EU from the steam. I believe that is the only way to do, might be some others. Although this method is VERY expensive and you need a good supply of fuel to keep the boiler running. I would stick with another way if you are starting out.

Hitmaniac

Jul 29, 2019
what would you do? geothermal and pump lava from nether?
Pumping lava from the Nether is a good source of power at the beginning. You can use the lava to power Magmatic Engines for MJ power, and Geothermal Generators for EU power.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I am using combustion engines on Fuel. Is there a machine that can burn the fuel and produce Eu?
If you're using the Mindcrack pack, there are two: a Petroleum Generator and a Diesel Generator.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
using direwolf20[DOUBLEPOST=1361054236][/DOUBLEPOST]found a huge oil depoist close to my base s I went Fuel and combustion. Since they are 6 MJ a tick and magamatic is only 4.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the MJ smelt cobble in a magma crucible and power a geothermal with that. This gives you a 1:1 conversion of MJ to EU and cobble is free with an ignious extruder.

Example of such a setup:
2013-02-08_22.58.56.png
On the right, from bottom to top: ignious extruder, magma crucible, geothermal generator. This setup converts 40MJ/t into 40eu/t.