Windows .exe Constant Crashing

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Akeldama280

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing v1.0.12 of the 1.6.4 Direwolf20 Modpack, but i have had constant crashing whenever i try to load my world. I remove the PortalGun mod first, then that made it work for a while, then I tried to remove Opis, and that seemed to work, for a few minutes. After that, I could not ever get into my world. The crash log it most recently gave me is this ---> http://pastebin.com/EHGQXF6Z
Can anyone help?

Operation_115

Jul 29, 2019
I can help goto the launcher settings and run the launcher with at least 3gb of ram and that may solve some problems you could also try and close some programs hope this helped :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
(The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)

Minecraft is unable to access one of its files and that is causing this crash. The antivirus program is usually the culprit. Add the FTB folder.

Zeeb in you case it is 'C:\Users\Zeebo\Desktop\FTB', to the exceptions list of your antivirus program. Be sure to check any boxes that say 'include sub-folders'.

Akeldama280 for you it would be 'C:\Users\Geff\Downloads\' which I would not suggest adding as that would mean that no file in your Downloads folder would not be scanned. Please create a folder for FTB itself like Operation_115 has and put the mod pack folders into it. Then change the 'Install folder...' inside the launcher to match the new FTB folder where ever you put it.

I can help goto the launcher settings and run the launcher with at least 3gb of ram and that may solve some problems you could also try and close some programs hope this helped :)
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:permSize=256m
JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx3072M -XX:permSize=256m
I appreciate the attempt to help, but please try reading the log first to find out the cause of the problem. Then suggest a possible fix based off that. Both users already have it set to 3+GB and that is not the cause of his problems.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Zeeb

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much Lavarthan this fixed my problem instantly :) I can now continue my base!

Akeldama280

Jul 29, 2019
I tried that, I do believe I did it right, but theres no option for including sub folders. But, I still get a similar crash... Unfortunately. Here is the crash log now ---> http://pastebin.com/GHaDYQj9
EDIT - Disabled Opis, seemed to help, started working at least.
EDIT MK2 - When I moved the files to a new folder, I only moved the Drewolf20_1.6.4 folder, and the person that was playing with me over lan has lost all his items. is there a way to fix that?

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what happened, sorry about that. So you were hosting the game or were you playing on a separate server though LAN? If it was just the items you can use NEI to cheat them back. His research and what not I'm not sure about. I apologize about what happened. I only play SSP so I'm not sure about the cause or fix. If you are up for it I would advise creating a new thread for this problem so that you will get more people seeing it than in here. Good luck with this and I hope you find a fix.

Reactions: Akeldama280