Connection issues after shutdown

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Stormseeker442

Jul 29, 2019
To start I'd like to say that my friend refuses to get help from forums (hes that kind of guy).
Anyways, he shut down the server maybe Friday/Saturday as we had things to do. However Today (Tuesday), he turned back on the server with no avail of connection from both of us.

Things that we've tried:
  • All things where A-Okay, before shutdown.
  • Both of our connections are fine.
  • We've checked mojang, all green lights.
  • Server is not reporting anything to console, which makes this rather difficult.
  • Hes cleared his player folder
  • Hes checked his router, nothing's changed -- still same ip, external and all.
  • We've checked the version, everything checks out (1.4.2)
  • Port Forwarding, and firewall on our end is fine.
Any recommendations, and advice on things to troubleshoot would be much valued and appreciated. Cheers ^^

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
I assume your friend is running the server from his home internet connection and that he cant connect to his server on the same network
Is the internal ip for the server static? if not every time the server starts it could get a different local network ip, then the portforward points to the old ip

the local ips are handled by the router he should be able to log into it add assign/reserve an ip to the server computer then point the portforward to that ip