Computercraft touchscreen box to open website

irushtactic

Jul 29, 2019
hi
just looking for a basic code for a touchscreen monitor to open a website once clicked

eg. i have a donate box on a monitor but i want it to open paypal once clicked.

Dingham

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting idea few issues.

1. you need to open http on the computercraft config to allow a connect. Opens your server to hacking.
2. i don't know how computercraft will handle high end internet code(java,php,..etc)
3. You'd be capturing people paypal passwords, without encryption. They may not like this, and i'm sure paypal wouldn't like this.

Sorry to rain on your parade, its a nice idea.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
He may mean clicking on it actually opens Paypal on the user's Windows/Mac/Linux computer, in an external browser. I don't think Computercraft allows this; it'd be a very risky feature.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion for the other way round:

a smartphone with an app, that accesses the computercraft-system from outside.

and suddenly, you got a way to manage your whole base from your smartphone, while you are running around somewhere or while you are even offline...

of course, it needs to be secured, else everyone can access it...

Reactions: ApSciLiara

tra95

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion for the other way round:

a smartphone with an app, that accesses the computercraft-system from outside.

and suddenly, you got a way to manage your whole base from your smartphone, while you are running around somewhere or while you are even offline...

of course, it needs to be secured, else everyone can access it...

Entirely possible. Http api querying a page containing commands, which you input in a page that is password protected. You would even be able to send out data using get/post. The only "issue" is that it requires a web server of some sorts, but you could use one of the many free web hosting sites out there.

To the original OP: display a QR code that a person can scan with their smartphones to open a donation link?