Closet Gamer Mod Spotlights / First Looks

C

Closet Gamer

If you have a mod you would like me to do a spot light on I would be pleased to do so. You do not need to be a big name or anything like that. Just send me a message on here or Twitter and we can go from there.

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Awesome :D this will be my first look at Meecreeps!

Are suggestions OK in here? I'd really love to see you take an in-depth look at NuclearCraft - I suspect it would be a multi-episode venture, but its one that really fascinates me!

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
If you don't mind going back to 1.7, I would love to see spotlights on Reika's mods. Spotlights on those are really hard to find, and I think they deserve to become a bit more known.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Well, you can, but don't ask things that are obviously stated in the guide books. He will not like you if you do that.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
*points again to my above post*

He will not spare a single word extra to help, or go out of his way to assist at all, if its something he deems that you should already know or is obvious (i.e. is in any way mentioned at all anywhere in the guide books).

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Definitely true, but he is a bit more lenient with Chromaticraft, because of the somewhat vague nature of the chromic lexicon. He will give deliberately vague answers though, so be wary of that.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If there was a gif of Inara from Firefly saying "yes, only the exact phrase I used was 'DON'T'", I would insert it here.

Unless by some miracle you find something that actually isn't covered, you will get either no answer, a vague answer, or an extremely short answer in a condescending tone. Actually you'll probably still get a short answer.

Chances are, it won't be worth asking, because if you're anything like me then regardless of the actual answer you get, the tone in which it's given will get your back right up.

I respect Reika's vision for his mods, and the integrity he's aiming to maintain. I even respect his choice to deal with enquiries and questions however he deems fit; that's up to him. But, I would never ask him for help. Anyone, anywhere else, but not him.

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

If you don't mind going back to 1.7, I would love to see spotlights on Reika's mods. Spotlights on those are really hard to find, and I think they deserve to become a bit more known.

If there was a gif of Inara from Firefly saying "yes, only the exact phrase I used was 'DON'T'", I would insert it here.

Unless by some miracle you find something that actually isn't covered, you will get either no answer, a vague answer, or an extremely short answer in a condescending tone. Actually you'll probably still get a short answer.

Chances are, it won't be worth asking, because if you're anything like me then regardless of the actual answer you get, the tone in which it's given will get your back right up.

I respect Reika's vision for his mods, and the integrity he's aiming to maintain. I even respect his choice to deal with enquiries and questions however he deems fit; that's up to him. But, I would never ask him for help. Anyone, anywhere else, but not him.

Maybe I'll create the spotlight of all spotlights to end Reika's reign of terror! But... If you guys struggle with it do you think it's wise for me to film that? xD

------------------------
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Maybe I'll create the spotlight of all spotlights to end Reika's reign of terror! But... If you guys struggle with it do you think it's wise for me to film that? xD

------------------------
------------------------
If you're going to do it, I'd give it a good play FIRST. Really make sure you understand it, and then plan out your spotlight(s) methodically.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Assuming they haven't changed too much from when I last used them, they aren't too terribly difficult to use as long as you're careful to read through everything and take your time with them. Don't expect to rush through them and have an understanding of his mods and have them all work perfectly, because that's when everything goes horribly wrong in my experience.

Reactions: Closet Gamer

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Especially when working with rotarycraft and reactorcraft. Mistakes equal explosions with certain machines. (reactorcraft explosions leave radiation behind, so be wary of that)

C

Closet Gamer

Especially when working with rotarycraft and reactorcraft. Mistakes equal explosions with certain machines. (reactorcraft explosions leave radiation behind, so be wary of that)
Assuming they haven't changed too much from when I last used them, they aren't too terribly difficult to use as long as you're careful to read through everything and take your time with them. Don't expect to rush through them and have an understanding of his mods and have them all work perfectly, because that's when everything goes horribly wrong in my experience.

If you're going to do it, I'd give it a good play FIRST. Really make sure you understand it, and then plan out your spotlight(s) methodically.

Got it, cheers guys. I'll take a look and have a think about how to go about it.

------------------------
------------------------

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Reika's definitely an... interesting character to ask for help. His mods force a much higher level of thinking than most, with Rotarycraft requiring significant problem solving and actual math and ChromatiCraft needing a ton of deductive reasoning. That being said, they're huge fun to play with, and extremely rewarding when you do something correctly. But I'll second what Padfoote said - do a full Survival playthrough of RotaryCraft and ChromatiCraft, ideally with other mods installed as well, before you spotlight them.

Now... I hate self-promotion, but any chance you could give Factory Tech a proper spotlight? ;)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Closet Gamer

Yeah, Reika's definitely an... interesting character to ask for help. His mods force a much higher level of thinking than most, with Rotarycraft requiring significant problem solving and actual math and ChromatiCraft needing a ton of deductive reasoning. That being said, they're huge fun to play with, and extremely rewarding when you do something correctly. But I'll second what Padfoote said - do a full Survival playthrough of RotaryCraft and ChromatiCraft, ideally with other mods installed as well, before you spotlight them.

Now... I hate self-promotion, but any chance you could give Factory Tech a proper spotlight? ;)
They sound like pretty challenging mods, I'll probably look at them after I'm done with Age of Engineering otherwise I'll end up rushing and not doing them justice.

I'm definitely wanting to come back to factory tech, it's a great mod and you've clearly put a lot of effort into it. I'd want to plan the spotlight carefully to make sure I get everything spot on. I'll pm you my email and maybe we can talk in more detail

------------------------
------------------------

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

ScM_5argan

I like the MeeCreeps spotlights :)

I second the request for Reika's mods, but I also find there's a lack of a decent EssentialCraft spotlight, to pitch another idea.
I'm also somewhat tempted to ask for a magneticraft spotlight, but for that one I haven't actually checked how good the existing ones are. The essentialcraft one would definitely be appreciated though.