Chisel "invisible" issues

Saynomore

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have a modpack in 1.6.4 and some issues with the Chisel mod (version 1.5.2(fix)).

First, lava stones are invisible in inventory and game and carpets (not carpets blocks) are visible in inventory but not in game.

Also, and here is the biggest problem, half the time when I want to add a mod, chisel stairs(or even some blocks) are rendered as "flat textures" in inventory and transparent/invisible when placed, and some others blocks are transparent/invisible in inventory and placed... It's pretty random, it depends on the mods I add.

It's really annoying because I have some mods I really need and I can't install them because of that...

Does someone have an idea of what I can do and can help me?

Thanks a lot in advance. I really hope there is a solution to this...

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
You have optifine?

Troubleshooting for 1.6 is a bit tough, very few mod authors support it anymore, so you're unlikely to find a fix if you're already using the latest version of the mod.

Saynomore

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, I have optifine but remove it don't change anything (also, it's when I add other mods that I have this issue mostly).

And yea, I can see they don't want to help on 1.6.4 anymore, at all... But I have to stick to this version for the Aether and other mods which didn't update. That's why I ask here if somebody found a "makeshift fix"...

Saynomore

Jul 29, 2019
It's stupid... I tried to put all the new mods at once and everything seems to be ok now (even "fixed")... :rolleyes:

*Magic*

E

Eofar

so i had a similar problem. my issue was that a lot of the factory blocks were not visible, both in enventory and world, and placed u could "look through" the world(i guess we all saw something like that before;) ).
on most threads and posts i read its optifines multicore chunkload. for me that wasnt true at all.

But after trying a bit i found a solution(at least for me)
I started the game, went to options -> video settings -> quality and turned off Mipmapping, than i loaded a world(which i used for testing with all factory blocks placed and inv. )
and suddenly everything was fine, even after i turned mipmapping back on(to 4) and restarting the the game, loading several worlds, etc.
i have optifine u hd d4 for minecraft 1.7.10, (from life in the woods pack)

Hope this helps someone ;)