changelog for block id's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
Can a changelog for block id's be made available...

i know the launcher is still in beta, but still we couldn't wait till the finalized launcher so we started running a server with the first version (the direwolf tweeted version) of the launcher.

I am kinda new to the whole modding so i loved that all configs were available and block id's were allready set, but it seems with newer itterations of the launcher the config files changed... i can understand that, but some changes to block id's seem kinda not needed as far as i can tell. (maybe it's to increase the readability, or group certain blocks together)

So atm we got a server running with the old config files and when i updated them with the new mods and new config files stuff gets really out of wack. I am trying to fix the problems, but as i said i am pretty new to this stuff and trying to learn.

Anybody got any help in how to move id's around on our map so we can update to the newer configs, or is it a lost cause.

Now before anybody starts throwing tantrums on how this is beta and stuff, i know, and i am prepared to accept loss and move on, but we are all here to learn and i would love to learn more about this stuff.

FunkDooBiesT

Jul 29, 2019
I have a simple procedure when it comes to ID's.

Step 1: Run game, enter SP world and dump a ID file & exit game.
Step 2: Add A mod, I say again "A" mod!
Step 3: Run game & If the game starts up, Then: proceed with Step 1. Else: Edit mod config with availible ID's from the ID's dump file & repeat Step 3.

But this will not match the configs that FTB will include so be aware of world loss. Always fun to nuke the world when you know the ID's used in it are/will be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.