Carpenter help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GuardIan4220

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make a rainmaker and I'm having issues putting diamonds into the carpenter to make the hardened casing. I'm i doing something wrong?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The Carpenter has a crafting space where you put ghosted images of items, and then storage where the ingredients need to go to actually be put to use. You didn't put the diamonds in the Carpenter's inventory space, did you?

GuardIan4220

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to put them in the crafted space but it didn't want to put in the little ghost images.

Edit: Ok. I got them in there but now how I do i get the hardened casing out?

DonChaffee

Jul 29, 2019
The Carpenter needs Buildcraft-Power and liquid, in your case just water. If the progress bar on the right don't raise then you are missing some ingredients in the carpenders inventory or you don't have enought power. Btw: a Hardened machine needs 5 buckets of water

GuardIan4220

Jul 29, 2019
I finally managed to make it after 4 or 5 redstone engines. I'm going to make some sorta of water pump sytem to keep the carpenter full along with maybe some steam engines.

Jay Cee

Jul 29, 2019
I finally managed to make it after 4 or 5 redstone engines. I'm going to make some sorta of water pump sytem to keep the carpenter full along with maybe some steam engines.

Redstone engines are gonna be pretty slow, would recommend upgrading (I'm pretty sure Peat works or Electrical if you power them via IC2) plus not every recipe requires water, some needs seed oil etc so pumping water continuously is not necessarily the best way.