Windows .jar Can't use portable Java64 anymore?

Gatortribe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to run FTB at school (the teacher is 100% fine with this as long as I'm done), and the computers only have 32 bit java. Not an enjoyable experience when FTB has to stop due to RAM limitations. Last semester, I installed portable JRE 64, and with a simple .bat file got FTB to launch using it. Well, this no longer works. When I launch it with the batch (updated the jportable too) file, the console says "Java home: C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64" which is correct, but further down says "FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe".

How do I get it to launch with the 64 bit JRE? Do I need to revert FTB Launcher to an earlier version?

EDIT: batch file text: C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64\bin\javaw.exe -jar "launcher^FTB_Launcher.jar"

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
i think you need to use this: (UNTESTED)
Code:
SET PATH=C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64\bin\
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64\bin\javaw.exe -jar "launcher^FTB_Launcher.jar"

Gatortribe

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64\bin\javaw.exe -jar "launcher^FTB_Launcher.jar"
I'll try that tomorrow then, hoping it works. If not, I guess I could keep my server running all day and join it, should negate some RAM limitations.

Gatortribe

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"

Didn't work, here is the whole console up to that error:

AnalyticsBackgroundThread started
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.3.3)
Java version: 1.7.0_45
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Users\*******\Downloads\CommonFiles\Java64
Java specification: Java Virtual Machine
Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation
Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server
VM version: 24.45-b08 by Oracle Corporation
OS: amd64 Windows 7 6.1 System memory: 2060M free, 4054M total
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
[i18n] remoteVer = 10
[i18n] localVer = 10
[i18n] Files are up to date
[i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
From Console: Jan 16, 2014 2:38:23 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init> WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\java.exe
FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_25 sorted as: 1.7.0_25 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
on the plus side, it is finding the portable java properly:
Code:
on the down side, the launcher must be hard coded to search specific locations for java installs and use them.

Gatortribe

Jul 29, 2019
on the plus side, it is finding the portable java properly:
Code:
on the down side, the launcher must be hard coded to search specific locations for java installs and use them.
Seems to be the case. Hopefully some devs will see this, it seems 1.3 messed it up for us portable users (I launched 1.2.6 with the original batch file and it used jPortable)