Open Can't summon Gaia Guardian I

Senjin the Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Can't summon Gaia Guardian I

Pack Version 1.2.0

What is the bug? Built the structure, activated beacon on (1-level) pyramid, 4 gaia pylons. Got the message the structure was complete. I shift right click with terrasteel ingot. Nothing happens. The view to the sky is clear above the beacon/pylon marked area.

I've been having right click issues that I reported before. Conduits, pipes, laser relays, nodes etc not placing on chests, hoppers or machines and reappearing in my inventory. But then I could always get it to work by replacing the chest with a block of dirt, placing the pipes etc on that, removing the dirt and putting the chest back.

For calling the Gaia Guardian, this however isn't an option, so I'm more or less stuck on the Botania path.

Playing 1.2.1 of the pack now. But I've been having these issues in 1.1.x as well.

Mod & Version

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix

Senjin the Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Just read someone else mentioning they had other right-click options that got solved by removing their Iron Backpack.
I even forgot I still had mine on when trying to go into the fight.

I removed the pack and lo and behold. The issue was fixed.
I haven't tested the other shift-right-click issues yet. (Placing conduits, pipes, hoppers etc) But I have a strong suspicion those are fixed now too.
Seems the behaviour is caused by the Iron Backpack upgrade that allows you to shift-right click the pack on chests to empty them out. No matter if you're holding your pack or just have it on your back.

Reactions: ICountFrom0