Can't Launch FTB Infinity

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Can't Launch FTB Infinity
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
v1.6.2
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Every time I try to launch, it fails once it reaches pat 5/7 and at part 84. It went past it 2 times around, but then it failed at part 6/7 and the other time I am not sure.
It also says "Error parsing cape". After waiting for a long time, it passed step 84/161, but now it is stuck at step 148/161
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/64b26ec0

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Do you only have java 8 ? I think for versions 1.6.4 and below you have to have java 7 :)
and since when is Infinity 1.6?

2 problems are indeed found
1 the loadscreen
2 Operating System: Windows 8.1 (x86) version 6.3

Unless the log is lying, you will not be able to play infinity if you however have a 64 bit os and the log is wrong which I have seen happen then you need to install 64 bit java. After that try again, maybe it solved the loadscreen problem but I doubt it. To fix that there is a config option somewhere to turn it off I forgot in which file it was though.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
and since when is Infinity 1.6?

2 problems are indeed found
1 the loadscreen
2 Operating System: Windows 8.1 (x86) version 6.3

Unless the log is lying, you will not be able to play infinity if you however have a 64 bit os and the log is wrong which I have seen happen then you need to install 64 bit java. After that try again, maybe it solved the loadscreen problem but I doubt it. To fix that there is a config option somewhere to turn it off I forgot in which file it was though.
Yaaaa I skimmed past the x86 dang lol Sorry I have not really looked at other modpacks much lately my bad :) ya I feel super dumb now that I realize it is at the top of my modpack screen hahaha I got the version mixed up the MC version :( derp derp

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Yaaaa I skimmed past the x86 dang lol Sorry I have not really looked at other modpacks much lately my bad :) ya I feel super dumb now that I realize it is at the top of my modpack screen hahaha I got the version mixed up the MC version :( derp derp
don't worry,another guy made the same mistake and I made the same "joke" its just my standard reaction.

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently reinstalled java because I thought that may have been the issue. I guess I didn't get the 64 bit java, my bad.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I just recently reinstalled java because I thought that may have been the issue. I guess I didn't get the 64 bit java, my bad.
According to the crash-log your OS is 32 bit and that means you will not be able to install 64 bit java

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
I definitely have 64 bit Windows 8.1
Looking at control panel and system information I have 64 bit OS

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Then the crash-log is lying. You are not the only one who claims to have a 64 bit OS and a crash-log that disagrees so it could very well be the case that it lies:p

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Then the crash-log is lying. You are not the only one who claims to have a 64 bit OS and a crash-log that disagrees so it could very well be the case that it lies:p

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45

He does have a 64-bit os because the x86 entry from the log, above, is only present when the system is 64-bit. The problem is the user is using 32-bit java and needs to use 64-bit.

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaaand my external HDD just broke... I gotta fix that before I can do MC. Also I installed 64 bit but I went out to buy a second hard drive

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am back, did some fixing installed a new hard drive. I installed 64 bit java, and I am going through. I ran it earlier, and left for a bit and realized it had closed or crashed.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
True. Crashlog is lying! Compare with launcher's log "[INFO] MainHelpers.printInfo:47: OS: Windows 8.1 6.3 (64-bit)" Getting OS bitness is tricky request and simple methods only checks JVM bitness.

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
So i launched FTB and ran the infinity modpack, and it has been going for nearly 30 minutes... Seems stuck at part 2/7 might be because i lost the other hard drive. I might just reinstall it entirely,

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
allocate more RAM to ftb, 2GB should be enough to run witout texture pack but if you have some more to spare you can put it on 3 or 4 GB in case there is a memory leak so that you can play longer without having to restart ftb. Not more then 4gb and only if you are not starving the rest of your processes for RAM

Reactions: UniZero

MrRayquaza

Jul 29, 2019
allocate more RAM to ftb, 2GB should be enough to run witout texture pack but if you have some more to spare you can put it on 3 or 4 GB in case there is a memory leak so that you can play longer without having to restart ftb. Not more then 4gb and only if you are not starving the rest of your processes for RAM
How would I do that again? I think I did it earlier, but I forget how to now