Can't get Open Blocks Auto Enchantment Table to work [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
I have an Auto Enchantment Table set up and when I originally set the system up it worked fine, I enchanted a few things and was on my merry way. Today I tried enchanting something else and once it used up the 30 levels of experience inside its buffer it wouldn't except any more liquid experience. There is liquid XP in the Fluiducts coming from the tank in to the enchanter but it won't except it.

My setup is an Open Blocks tank with an XP Drain on top which feeds into a Railcraft tank and then up to the Auto Enchantment Table using Fluiducts and Pneumatic Servos set to "ignore Redstone" wherever needed.

I've tried checking/unchecking all the options in the GUI, auto drink was the only one I had to use in the past, but it didn't seem to do anything. I even tried an Open Blocks tank feeding right in to the Auto Enchanter (thinking the Railcraft tank might be an issue) and that didn't work either.

I did my best to get some decent screenshots to try and illustrate my set up. I appreciate any help you can give. I saw a post from Jaded about the Auto Enchanment Table having some "issues" but that was back in December of 2013, and this is a new version of Open Blocks.

Attachments

• 2014-02-13_11.11.40.png
    2014-02-13_11.11.40.png
    399.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 2014-02-13_11.12.37.png
    2014-02-13_11.12.37.png
    296 KB · Views: 162
  • 2014-02-13_11.12.50.png
    2014-02-13_11.12.50.png
    398.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 2014-02-13_11.12.59.png
    2014-02-13_11.12.59.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 2014-02-13_11.17.04.png
    2014-02-13_11.17.04.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
Try breaking and replacing the auto enchanter.

Yeah I did that, I also went to a different area and set up an Open Blocks Tank filled with Liquid XP and piped it right in to the bottom of an Auto Enchantment Table. No frills, nothing extra, and it still didn't work. I was thinking about rolling back to an older version of Open Blocks but I really like the "right-click on a tank to get levels" feature. I see that 10.0.14 is the recommended version now so I'm thinking it's something on my end? Though the only thing I've added is the Damage Indicator mod, and my problems didn't start until weeks after installing it.

I have also been getting crashes the past few days, I'm not sure if the problems are related or not though. I'll link the pastebin just in case: http://pastebin.com/szDn7zHE

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Try removing the hats and hat stand mod. There is a known issue with it but afaik has not been fixed yet.

I have just updated to 1.0.14 version of the pack but I have not got much in my world as of yet.

I will create a new world and try it out and get back to you.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
Try removing the hats and hat stand mod. There is a known issue with it but afaik has not been fixed yet.

I have just updated to 1.0.14 version of the pack but I have not got much in my world as of yet.

I will create a new world and try it out and get back to you.

Thanks I'd really appreciate it. I'll disable the Hats/Hatstand mods now. Just as a last ditch effort I went in to a test world and set up some different modes of fluid transportation but none of them worked.

Edit: I rolled back to the 1.2.2 version of Open Blocks and the enchanment table and anvil worked fine.

Attachments

• 2014-02-15_10.24.19.png
    2014-02-15_10.24.19.png
    501.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Here was my basic setup that worked fine. Using fluid pipes, the see through ones, with a servo attached to the tank so to auto output. I tried it several times and the enchanter always refilled up just fine.

2014-02-15_15.55.08.jpg

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try it without pipes and placing the enchanter directly onto the tank.
Here was my basic setup that worked fine. Using fluid pipes, the see through ones, with a servo attached to the tank so to auto output. I tried it several times and the enchanter always refilled up just fine.

I tried directly placing numerous tables around some tanks, the table touching the tank on a different face each time, and that didn't work. I even deleted the FTB download folder so that I could start from scratch thinking I maybe messed with the wrong config option, but that didn't work either.

I guess I'll have to make to use Mob Essence and an MFR Auto Enchanter *sighs* or just roll back to 1.2.2.

Thanks you for the help, you've went out of your way and I really appreciate that. Should I mark this as solved? Or leave it open in case someone has a similar problem and found a fix?

Edit: Just wanted to let you know that the problem was solved, and I'll mark the thread as such.

Last edited:

manebear

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue as OP. My Auto Enchantment Table from OpenBlock was working just fine before I updated my version of the Direwolf20 pack which I believe had an update to OpenBlocks. Now it no longer refills via liquiduct from my railcraft iron tank. Looking for fixes. Replacing the block/liquiducts and changing control of them didnt seem to have any effect.[DOUBLEPOST=1392490915][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE: Turning on auto drink and selecting the surface that my liquiduct ran into fixed it for me.

Dalinkwent

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue as OP. My Auto Enchantment Table from OpenBlock was working just fine before I updated my version of the Direwolf20 pack which I believe had an update to OpenBlocks. Now it no longer refills via liquiduct from my railcraft iron tank. Looking for fixes. Replacing the block/liquiducts and changing control of them didnt seem to have any effect.[DOUBLEPOST=1392490915][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE: Turning on auto drink and selecting the surface that my liquiduct ran into fixed it for me.

Holy crap, I can not believe this whole time all I needed to do was select what side of the Automatic Enchantment Table excepted the Liquid XP, I don't remember having to do that the first time I set the system up. Thanks for posting the fix you found, it was driving me nuts not being able to figure out what the problem was.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Holy crap, I can not believe this whole time all I needed to do was select what side of the Automatic Enchantment Table excepted the Liquid XP, I don't remember having to do that the first time I set the system up. Thanks for posting the fix you found, it was driving me nuts not being able to figure out what the problem was.

Lol I thought you had already done that. Glad you got it working. :D

@Ashzification

Issue resolved, please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.